Thread: New Barrel for a Savage 110.

New Barrel for a Savage 110.

Hi All,

I have been trawling the internet for a new barrel for my savage 110 .243 I fancy having a 1:8 twist replacement, the problem I have found is that it is US websites that have the barrels and they do not ship to the UK.

Do any of you know where I may be able to source a barrel in the UK or know if its legal to have a friend ship it over to me?

Thanks in advance

Daz

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Daz

contact me on here mate,

i will give you the name of a very good gunsmith who may be able to help.

the law is simple if the barrel is chambered it will not be shippable, if its just a rifled tube ( a blank) then you can get it shipped,

sad to say your on a looser when it comes to Savage importing things, Edgar Brothers will be importing them soon, so i hope your bank balance is in good shap,

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    Daz

contact me on here mate,

i will give you the name of a very good gunsmith who may be able to help.

the law is simple if the barrel is chambered it will not be shippable, if its just a rifled tube ( a blank) then you can get it shipped,

sad to say your on a looser when it comes to Savage importing things, Edgar Brothers will be importing them soon, so i hope your bank balance is in good shap,

bob.
    bob even a unchambered barrel needs a export licence now before they will ship out of the usa.

you could try these here in the uk http://www.ospreyrifles.com/index.html it should be cheaper for you rebarreling a savage as the barrels
    are only on by a wrench. but you would still need the right tools to do it yourself.

this is a good read http://www.westernshooter.com/2009/1...age-rifle.html
    Last edited by jay 22; 05-11-2011 at 09:52.

A new barrel for a Savage is probably more than the gun is worth.

Have you checked the Lothar Walther site and see if they do them?

They don't seem to list a 1-8 in .243 unless one goes to the custom build page and yep they do them in chrome moly or stainless.

Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    A new barrel for a Savage is probably more than the gun is worth.
    Hmmmm not a fan of the Savage rifle then?

In the UK we don't see them rated as highly as in the US, that's true, but they do make some good rifles whilst they do not appeal to all tastes one does not hear of the problems associated with say the Remington 700.

exactly savage good build no problems and accurate does what it says on the tin

im sure pacnor do a replacement custom barrel for them. getting it here is a different thing though. you only have to look at the online reviews of savage to see there accuracy is top notch

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Jay

i was thinking Neil may have a tube on the bench that he could fit for him ??

i know the shipping problems.etc

as for savage rifles,

they are cracking tools, my 308 and my mates 243 shoot sub MOA all day and thats with talibani ammo, the home load in my 308 is just re dick u less, and im only selling it as i would like a lighter .308 rifle for stalking,

if i dont find a buyer/swap then i am for sure not going to leave it in storage it will be shot from time to time.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Thanks for all the replies I will take a look at the site mentioned, and have a number for someone off Bob.

Thanks again for your help

Daz