Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: stalking boots

stalking boots

can anyone recommend a good pair of stalking boots that will last more than 2 seasons going throught damp/wet/boggy scottish forestry.
    nothing seems to last, my current pair have just died following a 2 day trip with wet feet and were only 2 years old.
    must be high boots and not wellys.
    thanks
    HH

Meindl Dovre Extremes ? cant knock mine they just get better and better

What have you tried so far save us repeating ourselves?

Beginning of the year I bought a pair of Harkila Pro Hunters. Regularly clean them and spray with nubuck sealer. So far perfectly dry feet despite wet conditions and very comfortable walking. Time will tell but so far well recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    Beginning of the year I bought a pair of Harkila Pro Hunters. Regularly clean them and spray with nubuck sealer. So far perfectly dry feet despite wet conditions and very comfortable walking. Time will tell but so far well recommended.
    they look really good, but I was unsure about the waterproofing abilities, your review makes me think they actually work :-)

the meindl's have been on my wish list for years - does the leather squeek though?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    What I use, very good. Got mine from Penrith supplies (think the name is correct)
    Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake..

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    ... meindl's have been on my wish list for years - does the leather squeek though?
    I have Meindl Glockners and Burma's for the summer. The will squeak like hell if you allow the tongue to dry out. If the tongue is kept waxed and supple, they should not squeak.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Bought a pair of LOWA Combat GTX (Gore-tex Lined), they are same as the Mountain GTX just a couple more rings so higher, very comfortable, great ankle support and no sqeaking! cost about 120 - 130.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    i have had mine for a couple of seasons now and they have worn in an absoloute treat, they do not squeek, they do not leak, they are so comfy i could walk for days in them. they are without a doubt the best boots i have ever owned (touch wood) and i have been through a few differant pairs over the years. as already stated they get more and more comfatable everytime i put them on and also keep my feet warm which i have found with other boots although dry my toes were getting cold ! they get cleaned every few weeks and at the same time if required are waxed and treated with the meindl wax stuff! 10/10 from me i really can not fault them ! but they dont come cheap !

Quote Originally Posted by Steyer 6.5 View Post
    What have you tried so far save us repeating ourselves?
    I have tried, irish setters, jahti jaht, le chameu , la crosse.......... all in the 150-220 quid range, so you would expect a decent lifespan, i do look after my boots,drying them out and waxing them ect but after 2 years they just split,leak or fall apart.
    I have looked at the harkila stuff, but don't want to pay the thick end of 260 if they are going to fall apart as well, I could get 2 years wear out of a cheap pair if you know what I mean.
    The meindl range seems to be popular and gets the thumbs up from a lot of people, so it might be the road to go down.