stalking boots

I wear lowa mountain GTX everyday shooting, fishing, beating, stalking and in my day job. They last twelve months as the sole wears out before the leather. If I'm just going stalking and the water is only eight inch deep I wear my Mendel extremes that I got for my 40th birthday both of these boots I highly recommend even when I've gone down a bog upto me thigh my feet have stayed warm but the water has gone over the top. Brilliant boots both makes are out the box comfy. I get issued lowa so they get the most abuse as I just request a new pair when warn sole. I will by mendel again they wear out.

I have had Lundhags, Altbergs, Le Chameau, and a pair of Meindl Douvre's and the Meindl combined with a pair of Le Chameau Kotkor gaiters are the best combination but it cost me £1,000 to discover this and i offer the tip for free!!!

they look really good, but I was unsure about the waterproofing abilities, your review makes me think they actually work :)

the meindl's have been on my wish list for years - does the leather squeek though?

Mine did !

Meindl exchanged them for a new pair !! Top marks.

I have owned almost all the top brands of boot over the last ten years, le chameau, harkila, bestard, mammut, diotto meindl x3. Meindl boots are the best I've had so far. Dovre extreme and glockners are great boots. I have tested all these boots in very harsh conditions to destruction.

+1 for the diottos from blackislander 3 really hard years still going strong mouflon plus from chemeau lasted 3 months

My Diottos were excellent for a season very comfortable and lighter than meindl but unfortunately they're now letting water in. :evil:

Just bought a pair of Meindl Dovre Extremes.
Really impressed,out in Scotland,long wet grass,kept raining,feet stayed dry.

The Blackislander.com is probably the best suited for the hill,etc,I had meindles but they were far to heavy compared to the blackislander,all the keepers/stalkers are getting them,nice and light,

Last edited:
mendl or the Lowa GTX are both good boots, mate ues glockner as a full time terrier man and swears by them, I have dovre which are spot on, lowa also very comfortable

Back