new truck

biglad

Hi all in the market for a new truck must have separte back. thinking of a nissan or a toyota hilux any pros and cons many thanks Neil....

Neil, you've been in my Hilux up to stroan that time, wouldn't be without it, not had a single problem with it since I got it 2 yrs ago, more than happy with the MPG as well

toyota all the way, to many problems with nissan just go on some of the motor forums and look for navara problems says it all!

3.0 litre hilux,brilliant and reliable,got one
I would be looking at the new volkswagen as well,only 2.0 litre engine but 163 bhp,supposed to be good as well,no experience of it though
I like my hi-lux like

+1 on the hilux too, bought one a few months back for deer, took it from Norfolk to Scotland last month, averaged 36mpg, you won't beat than in a Navara or L200, great vehicle.

Land rover defender double cab. Will go anywhere where the toyota/nissan won't !!

No real electronics to worry about. Service kit £30, replacement disks £15-20. Dent it, no worries. abuse it as much as you want...

oh and I get 30 + mpg and it took me all the way from Deepest Devon to Isle of Arran x 3 and never missed a beat!

Insurance...£154 7 + years no claims. Tax is commercial so £130ish, can't remember to be honest.

Fully covered off road to..

Oh and it goes faster than the one I have seen Ben in!!! (flying fisherman) on the way back from Arran...lol

ArthursC

Last edited:
just shame they not as reliable as the jap stuff. but they are not bad of road and all right if your about 5ft tall! oh and slim too lol

Ford Ranger all the way... Half the gadjets and looks but is a better vehicle imo

Owned a couple of Land Rovers, Land Rover pick up and L200 but the Ranger of the three would be my choice again..

Drive a hilux as a works van ( on and off road ) ,the works garage love it as it never needs any work done on it
except it's normal service and it's 7yrs old. Just wish the wife would let me buy one :cry:

Oh and it goes faster than the one I have seen Ben in!!! (flying fisherman) on the way back from Arran...lol

ArthursC

Bill Oddie was driving!! Albeit, i dont drive much faster.. like to keep the MPG up! (didnt go to Arran with same bod this year.. Had a much better time!)

+1 for the Hi-lux invincible 3.0 D4D, I've been smashed into twice by other cars, first time the front wheel was bent at 45 degrees, i just started it up and drove 2.5 miles home. second time i was shunted over on my side in the middle of the road, flipped it over with a tractor, started first time, and drove home with no side windows in the snow. In 42,000 miles of motoring its had a £230 service and fuel, I,d love to see a Land Rover that can come anywhere near that reliability.

Got the new l200 long bed. Absolute beast. 175BHP, 37mpg. The extra length in the back is brilliant.

Its different class. Could not recommend it more.

Regards, Dan.

+1 Hilux but if you require a real offroader the Hilux has not been built that will beat a Defender.

Back