Thread: Lowa boots???

Lowa boots???

Hi

Has anyone used both the Lowa Combat GTX and the Hunter GTX extreme? I'd like to know if the hunters are warmer than the combats.....I've used the combats for a couple of years and was going to straight replace them but just noticed the hunters and wondered if they will be warmer for winter use!!

Any help much appreciated

I tried both on in a shop. The Hunter was marginally warmer, but a LOT stiffer and heavier too. I wouldn't want to walk any distance, or take crouching shots in the hunters. I ended up going with the non military looking Mountain GTX Sepia/Olive, saved myself nearly £100 on the Hunters...plus 1KG of weight too!! I'm very happy with the choice - http://www.aarondistribution.co.uk/sepia.php

Thank you for that........I've had the combats which are much the same as the hunters, they soften up over time......When it comes to good boots look and price don't come into it for me. 1 comfort, 2 suppot, 3 durability

I've killed so many boots that were soft to start with I've given up with them, the combats just keep going, I've went for the hunters yesterday, hope they are as good as the combats

My combats were heavy when I got them but your legs just get stronger, there were stiff but now they are strong/supple, still loads of support and movement

Quote Originally Posted by Oly View Post
    I tried both on in a shop. The Hunter was marginally warmer, but a LOT stiffer and heavier too. I wouldn't want to walk any distance, or take crouching shots in the hunters. I ended up going with the non military looking Mountain GTX Sepia/Olive, saved myself nearly £100 on the Hunters...plus 1KG of weight too!! I'm very happy with the choice - http://www.aarondistribution.co.uk/sepia.php
    Me too! I couldn't believe how reasonably priced the Mountain GTX was, I'm very happy with mine.

Simon
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Dicky

what size are you ill bring a pair with me Sunday for you to try. Or call me i where Lowa everyday one pair of socks and never get cold feet.

Carl

The Hunter GTX Extreme are far more durable than the Combat GTX as the rubber rand around them protects them far better from rocks, crawling etc! I started off with the Combat GTX, and once id worn them out, i.e. grip had worn and cuts thru the leather from rocks etc, i decided to try the Hunter GTX Extremes! Now these are just as comfortable as the combats but are a little warmer! I have 2 sets of them infact, 1 for work and 1 for pleasure! The work ones have pretty much cum to their end after 3 yrs of abuse, but im a rigger so concrete and climbing really wears them down fast, but still nice dry feet! I'll be ordering another set before the new year tho!!
    atb J