Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Members of This Site - Such a Fraternity

Members of This Site - Such a Fraternity

I hope I don't embarrass 'somebody', a member of this site, but I feel so strongly about this that I must mention this on the site.
    As a result of all my problems with Mr Nelson and the mention of parking at Heathrow etc etc.
    A member of this site, not a particularly long standing member I might add, has read my ramblings and felt so generous as to lend me, a complete stranger the money to enable me to go ahead and book with another agent so as not to miss the dates I had previously arranged with Mr Nelson.
    I have never had any dealings, contact whatsoever or know this person, but such an offer is most unusual in these times.
    I am not a Church goer but his offer has reminded me of the Christian teaching from my Sunday School days and has restored my faith in people.
    This site is lucky to have such people as members and I, for one, wish this person all the best in health and good luck for the future.
    To keep the record straight, I was fortunate to have jogged Mr Nelson's conscience and as a result got my money back so was in a position to thank this person and not take him up on his offer.
    You know who you are, I thank you once again for your most generous offer and wish you well.

It heartens me to hear that even today in this sad world such acts of kindness still happen ... Well done to that person..... well done indeed.

just shows what the site is about some very good people on here all the best to the individual concerned
    cheers
    tom

I think in this case you'd have to admit that the offer is way above and beyond what is expect and is extremely generous. Well done that man, whoever you may be.

Quote Originally Posted by aliS View Post
    I think in this case you'd have to admit that the offer is way above and beyond what is expect and is extremely generous. Well done that man, whoever you may be.
    I have to agree wholeheartedly and only wish I could name him but, I am sure, the offer was made not to seek fame but as a genuine Christian and to name him would no doubt embarrass him immensely.
    This is also a welcome instance to restore my faith in fellow hunters particularly as it comes just after by other debacle with Ash243, a complete opposite to this Gentleman.

What a fantastic chap - I have to say this is probably the most welcoming and helpful internet forum I have ever had the pleasure of using - everyone is so positive and helpful and no one seems to look down on the less experienced - it's how a community of like minded folk should be

Well, you're a top bloke yourself Eddy, maybe what goes around comes around eh?
    ATB to you and well done to the man who would have helped you.
    I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but it was only some fecker with a torch bringing me more work

this person is or has been brought up in the way of the old school which is a rare thing in this sad rat race world
    not too many of this caliber left who ever he is has a mighty heart god bless him

Sounds like a proper gent Eddy!

Who are you going with now then?

Eddy, that post has just made my day. Faith in people button activated
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks