Thread: looking for a scope cover / protector

looking for a scope cover / protector

I'm looking to get myself some kind of scope cover / protector for my s&b 8x56 to stop it getting scratched to bits in the forestry where i shoot something similar to this however all the ones i manage to find only go up to 50mm.

Anyone know where i can get one that will fit a 56mm scope?

cheers

is it end covers you are looking for or a scope glove?

Quote Originally Posted by jingzy
    is it end covers you are looking for or a scope glove?
    It's a glove im looking for, one you can put on but still see through the scope with. I have butler creek caps on the ends already.

my A.I. came with a dpm water proof tube that has a length of velcro along it, you then open it up over the scope and seal it up.

I use a Tasmanian Tiger cordura scope cover which buckles around my Tikka M595 and S&B 6x42 scope. It has velcro covers at either end so the rifle & scope can be used with the cover in place.

Best of my knowledge is that the only "see and therefore shoot" covers are the Butler Creek Bikini's. (or copies)

Just replace the flip ups really but a lot cheaper. On the wild days you really need them you don't mind losing them when you rip 'em off and drop 'em.

Can't really see how a loose whole scope cover will give you a front and back "see through" that won't fog yet still give full vision.

The Bikini's do this because they offer a "seal" and the fit 56 mm..

Stan

something like this?
    also maybe try a rifle sock and cut to fit

Well
    after out on the zeroing range tonite I applied my gun sock , all toasty, got home pulled off sock !!!! Another Butler creek flip cover gone!!!
    Yup I should have been more careful . These covers are so flimsy and pricey at approx£ 12.50 apiece.
    regards Trapper.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper
    Well
    after out on the zeroing range tonite I applied my gun sock , all toasty, got home pulled off sock !!!! Another Butler creek flip cover gone!!!
    Yup I should have been more careful . These covers are so flimsy and pricey at approx£ 12.50 apiece.
    regards Trapper.
    I snapped mine off yesterday as well whilst stalking (not on purpose obviously.) It's the first time i have had these covers on a scope and i was impressed however as you say, they are very flimsy for the money spent. On this note, what size of cover is it i need for a 56mm scope as i now have to get another.