Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 Way Radios

2 Way Radios

Hi all,

Do people bother using walkie talkies when they out and about?? Some areas that I shoot a mobile signal can be a bit of a luxury. Keeping tabs on my dad is always a good thing when he disappears into the trees or up the hills!! Or is that the other way round haha.

If you do, what would you recommend and what price to pay.

Thanks - Ben

hello mate i use radios if my son goes to help me with longer range target work saves a lot of walking to and fro got mine in argos several channels and work fine cost me 60 quid

Yaesu VX-7R anything else is a toy.

Tried the cheap ones like the cobras and the like, but bit the bullet and bought a pair of motarla xtind military grade pmr with extra mic. Cost about 150 a piece but clear as a bell and you never miss a conversation with extra mic that clips to lapel of your jacket. Would have got some private radios but on different shoots where I beat they use pmr, so I can still use mine. Bought mine from CPC on web

What sort of range can you get in the real word with hills and trees??

Thanks - Ben

just bought 4 cobras from maplins for local shoot seemed ok last week load of shoots use them we will see how they last

Have a look on e bay plenty of secondhand ones i use Motorola radios great signal !

Intek MT 40-40 PMR so no license but you can make a simple modification and 8x the power.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben82 View Post
    What sort of range can you get in the real word with hills and trees??

Thanks - Ben
    9 km on open ground and about 3 km in trees and hills