Driven boar france.

Boarboy

Does anybody have any experience of driven hunting in france? I may have an oppurtunity to hunt with a friend who has moved there, just north of the Pyreneees. From what i have heard there are many hunters and only small boar shot due to hunting pressure, and not quite the numbers as seen in Hungary, bulgaria etc??? I have put in for a 9.3 x 62 barrel for my blaser, if i can get one! so hope to use it there.

I dont have much experience with Les Sangliers but congratulations on a great choice of calibre and brand of rifle. THe 9.3x62 is easy to shoot (I put a muzzle brake on mine) but I wish that I had gone for the Semi Weight barrel. Nevertheless I sighted the rifle with cheap Privi 285 grain soft points and was delighted to discover that the Blaser CDP had the same POI at 100m : there was no need to adjust the scope. Both rounds will group around the inch mark.

Thanks Conor1. I have played with the idea of the 9.3 barrel for a while, and when my certificate came up for renewal i thought there would be no harm in putting one on, and then taking it from there. I wont need to change the bolt head on my rifle. I will purely be using it for driven hunting. Do you have to aim any different with the round being slightly slower than some of the faster calibres??? or is there no noticable difference to the human interpretation?! I will look in to different prices of barrels. where or who do you recommend dealing with?

Thanks Conor1. I have played with the idea of the 9.3 barrel for a while, and when my certificate came up for renewal i thought there would be no harm in putting one on, and then taking it from there. I wont need to change the bolt head on my rifle. I will purely be using it for driven hunting. Do you have to aim any different with the round being slightly slower than some of the faster calibres??? or is there no noticable difference to the human interpretation?! I will look in to different prices of barrels. where or who do you recommend dealing with?

I find that I have to give a fair amount of lead. On the range where I practise, the target is 60meters away and moves at 10mph or so. I have fired a couple of hundred rounds at and it is definitely better. Another positive aspect about this calibre is that the barrel does not get very dirty...............

MacLeods of Tain usually have most calibers of barrel available for Blaser, check there website.

Moose

So.. Where would you aim on that pig target to say hit it in the shoulder??? I went on the running boar range at bisley with my .308 and generally found if i touched the trigger on the point of the boars nose it would hit neck/shoulder. I dont know what speed etc it was going.

Back