Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 14 sleeps till of hunting

14 sleeps till of hunting

Ammo loaded, rifle cleaned and zeroed and my shooting kit sorted and packed just 14 days to go and counting till i am back in Croatia looking for piggys.
    Any one would think i am excited!!.

Bob
    "a man does good business when he rids himself of a turd"

Bob, I have not managed to get another trip, so far but am still trying, Frank is full up.
    So it looks as if my first trip won't be until December so make sure you leave some for me !!!!!!!
    Or if you don't want to leave some, just leave a couple of really big boys

Is there nothing last minute you can squeeze onto, surely there must be!

Good news, I have managed to get a trip to Poland with Woodmill Shootings.
    I have to make my way to Berlin and will be collected from there and transported to Poland by bus.
    I am joining a Norwegion group so it should be fun.
    As I will be the only Brit I hope I can shoot for England - oops sorry, Great Britain !!
    I'll keep you all posted and it may tempt some of you next year.

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    I have to make my way to Berlin and will be collected from there and transported to Poland by bus.
    As I will be the only Brit I hope I can shoot for England - oops sorry, Great Britain !!
    Sounds awesome! I quite like being the only Brit amongst a group of foreigners sometimes, you become much more willing to explore different cultures than when you're with a group of mates. Hope that you both have good trips!
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

Phew ! this trip might be a godsend but it is working out rather more expensive than my usual jaunts.
    The Flight ticket to Berlin that was advertised at 181.00 worked out after taxes, booking fees and Visa charge at just over 200.
    I have just confirmed with the Airline, BMI, that they are aware that I am carrying a Sporting firearm.
    Initially they said nor firearms are allowed on their flights but after a long protracted conversation and several 'holding on' gaps, the Indian accented gentleman came back with, " I am very sorry about that Sir but yes they are allowed on and was I aware there was a 50 handling charge each way"
    So another 100 added to the trip, I only hope this works out as pleasant as the cost indicates
    My Plastic will be melted by the time I come back

Phew ! this trip might be a godsend but it is working out rather more expensive than my usual jaunts.
    The Flight ticket to Berlin that was advertised at 181.00 worked out after taxes, booking fees and Visa charge at just over 200.
    I have just confirmed with the Airline, BMI, that they are aware that I am carrying a Sporting firearm.
    Initially they said nor firearms are allowed on their flights but after a long protracted conversation and several 'holding on' gaps, the Indian accented gentleman came back with, " I am very sorry about that Sir but yes they are allowed on and was I aware there was a 50 handling charge each way"
    So another 100 added to the trip, I only hope this works out as pleasant as the cost indicates
    My Plastic will be melted by the time I come back
    You only live once Eddy! Too many people don't remember this until it's too late!

Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    You only live once Eddy! Too many people don't remember this until it's too late!
    Too right,
    I always used to keep an amount of money set aside for emergency's.
    With a young family growing up there was always emergency's so it never stayed banked for long.
    Now the children have grown up and flown the nest, I never seem to get the chance to put anything by for emergency's any more.
    What I have found out is that an awful lot of people my age live like paupers and die rich, so my attitude now is enjoy it while I can before it is too late.
    Bob, I won't see you at Heathrow after all because my flight take off is at 09.15 hrs.
    Last edited by EMcC; 05-11-2011 at 13:40.

I have been stalking with Stephen and Colin from Woodmill on a number of occasions.

Stephen is a top bloke. Sometimes he also goes on the driven hunts.

I am sure you will be well looked after, unlike some of the other dealings you have had recently!!!

Good luck.

Cheers

Ross

When are you going E... some friends and i are going with woodmills on 1st of dec, went with Steven last year and had a great time....

Im sure the Norges your going with where in our group last year.... return bookings speak for themselves i think...