Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: no boar in strathclyde

no boar in strathclyde

i was in glasgow fieldsports talking away to the guy behind the counter about my new 308 when another customer pipes up that he was refused a 308 because he said he wanted it for boar, the said that there are no boar in strathclyde , is this true ?

Hi, why would you want a 308 anyway, thats probably why he was refused

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
    Hi, why would you want a 308 anyway, thats probably why he was refused
    i dont understand your reply?

Hi scots_stalker, I have done a fair bit of deer stalking in strathclyde and don't know of any boar in the area, could be wrong but only red, roe and wild goats from my experience but always up for learning new thing.

David

No boar in strathclyde, nearest Dumfries + Galloway, think they might have been escapee's from

Cairnminnows Estate near Carsphairn !

Rgds, Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Spot on Buck.

I never realised that the presence of a particular species in your area was a requirement for the grant of FAC
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

I saw plenty pigs last time I went on a night out in Glasgow.......

Did he apply for a .308 and for his 'good reason' say it was to shoot boar on an area where there are no boar? If so, then why is he surprised it was refused?

Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    Did he apply for a .308 and for his 'good reason' say it was to shoot boar on an area where there are no boar? If so, then why is he surprised it was refused?
    Won't the future be fantastic - when we can all have our own personal cart with an engine thingy someone will invent that can take us wherever and whenever we want on this flat earth.

D&G must be at least 4 hard days trekking from Glasgow. No wonder the guy was refused.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).