Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: tight as a ducks ****

tight as a ducks ****

on the estate i stalk by invitation 5 stalkers were booked in for the 1st and 2nd out for a muntys and fallow with 112 seats and large blocks of mixed wood to choose from chances were good we have not pressured the bucks and prickets at all .well the guys came and did very well shooting 15 fallow and 4 muntys good stuff ,they also purchased most of the venison .this is very cheap stalking and the venison is dealer price so cheap too .the lads doing very well had a whip round for the 4 keepers a grand total of 30 split four ways whoopi doo ,i know tips are a personal thing but surely 19 beasts was worth a bit more than that ......?

Ring them up and tell them and dont have them back!

Jeez- i was invited on a mixed game day on Tuesday and we only shot 56 between 8 guns but it was a great day and i appriciate what people had done to make my day memorable so gave the part time keeper 100 tip.

what you doing on the 12th mate driven day should be about 100 head if the guns can shoot a bit
    Last edited by norma 308; 03-11-2011 at 21:35.

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    on the estate i stalk by invitation 5 stalkers were booked in for the 1st and 2nd out for a muntys and fallow with 112 seats and large blocks of mixed wood to choose from chances were good we have not pressured the bucks and prickets at all .well the guys came and did very well shooting 15 fallow and 4 muntys good stuff ,they also purchased most of the venison .this is very cheap stalking and the venison is dealer price so cheap too .the lads doing very well had a whip round for the 4 keepers a grand total of 30 split four ways whoopi doo ,i know tips are a personal thing but surely 19 beasts was worth a bit more than that ......?
    Interesting!

Just to clarify, do you mean the sum of the tips from the five Rifles was 120?

How much had they paid for the stalking?

no no no the total sum was 30 or 7.50 per keeper !!! stalking was cheap 60 /stalk no limit on deer shot but no trophy bucks

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    no no no the total sum was 30 or 7.50 per keeper !!! stalking was cheap 60 /stalk no limit on deer shot but no trophy bucks
    Well, even allowing for the fact that people drawn to cheap (albeit apparently very productive) stalking are probably not rolling in money that does seem on the light side.
    I wonder whether the fact that they spent a good deal of money on venison might have reduced their available tipping funds?

Out of interest, what would we think would have been a reasonable tip per Rifle under these circumstances?

I'd have given them it back, I'd be feeling better than if I'd accepted it and looked forward to them TRYING to book again!

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser243 View Post
    50 quid a head

Mauser.
    Yup, that's about what I'd have thought for the two days.
    Mind you, though I'm not loaded I ain't starving either; and furthermore I've only ever stalked on the hill, where without the stalker's very obvious skill and effort expended for my benefit I'd be unlikely to get within rifle-shot of anything at all.
    I've no experience of woodland/high-seat stalking.
    Last edited by Dalua; 03-11-2011 at 22:09.