Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Harris Bipods

Harris Bipods

Harris bipods, which lengths do you use for stalking/ie. are most popular? I feel the 6-9 might be a bit short, but the 12-25 a bit long off prone, whilst useful for sitting perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    Harris bipods, which lengths do you use for stalking/ie. are most popular? I feel the 6-9 might be a bit short, but the 12-25 a bit long off prone, whilst useful for sitting perhaps?
    Have both of these because of the reasons you highlight as a wee problem in each of them. Short one ideal for lying down or over bonnet of car, long one great for in the summer when the cover is up or in long heather. Both have their uses.

I know, why they haven't got an 8" - 24" three section I don't know, would make perfect sense for both applications could they not also build the springs into the leg tubes and make the release buttons silent and stop them from pinching your fingers......

..should really just make my own

Regularly use the 9-12 inch for stalking/rabbit shooting but have a 6-9 for bench work

I had the 13.5-27 and found it long for prone to. I however managed to remove a couple of inch or so of the bottom to make it fit. It was a while ago and I dont have it to hand but I think I pulled of the rubber feet and cut leaving enough to pop the feet back on.

nutty
    Last edited by nuttyspaniel; 05-11-2011 at 08:50. Reason: wrong model

I use the 12-25 mainly, and it's OK for prone most of the time, would be better if it was 8 or 9" though. I very very rarely use the 12-25 on full extension for a sitting shot, but that's just down to the nature of the terrain where I stalk. The 6-9 is good, but sometimes not enough to get above the heather.

Absolutely agree with you that something between the two would be ideal.

I have a 9-13 & a 13-27 the shorter one is better for prone shooting & zeroing. I use the taller one for foxing and taking sitting shots.

Hi

I use the 13-27 and although it is a little bit high when prone it does not affect accuracy at all and I love the extra sitting ability, wouldn't change back to the 9-13.

ATB

Rob
    243Sako

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    I know, why they haven't got an 8" - 24" three section I don't know, would make perfect sense for both applications could they not also build the springs into the leg tubes and make the release buttons silent and stop them from pinching your fingers......

..should really just make my own
    You can make the release buttons silent by pulling on the leg section whilst pressing the button. At least mine are silent anyway. There's a knack, but this can be done one handed.

I have all the sizes but use the 9 to 13 for stalking.
    I use the 6 to 9 for target shooting.
    Something like a 8 to 16 would be handy.