Bipod for Blaser R93??

Hi Guys,

Any one here know of a make of bipod that have spec
    that would fit the Blaser R93?? Versa pod have adaptors
    for the LRS but im not sure about the R93. Maybe someone
    knows of a supplier.

Cheers Guys,
    Reddeer1

Harris fitted to swivel stud, not a "woodscrew" type but fixed with nut and washer on the inside.

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...ighlight=bipod

see this link.

this is what it looks like on the inside.

I have an R93 with the Off Road stock and it has just returned from Alan Rhone (UK Blaser agents) after having a stud fitted under the stock for a bipod. It must be said that they did an excellent job and I can recommend their solution. The cost was approx 100 and the fit and finish is much better than the factory sling stud, although this seems expensive my feeling is that it was a worthwhile investment.

This is my first post on this forum but I will attempt to attach some photos and explain what is going on:

The bipod in position and extended showing the "old" stud which I asked to be left in place:

This shows the bipod folded and as you can see because of the shape of the stock it is possible that a bipod with very long legs would touch the barrel when folded, not an issue here but worth keeping in mind:

The two studs showing their relative locations on the stock:

Close up of the "new" stud, as you can see it is a neat job:

This is the inside of the stock. From what I can see it seems they have installed a metal rail and bedded this in epoxy or similar so that the stock is now very stiff and cannot deform if pressure is put on the bipod. It will also mean that there is no prospect of the stud "tearing" the plastic stock under recoil as it is actually fixed into the metal rail rather than into the stock. You can see where the stud screws into the metal rail quite clearly. In my view the inside of the stock looks much neater than it did when new:

Hopefully this information is useful and helps you in coming to a decision. For what it is worth I have always found Alan Rhone very good to deal with and very efficient. However, there is no question that 100 is expensive for a simple stud though it is the neatest and best solution that I personally have seen to this problem.

nice work by alan rhone and a good first post. i had heard of the 100 bipod stud but wasnt aware that they bedded it in, thought it was just a metal insert.

what did they use to prevent the bedding compound from getting to the removeable section that houses the working bits - did they make a sort of dam?

point to note - my r93 with the cheap and cheerful sollution provided by its previous owner causes no flexing problems whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksden
    i had heard of the 100 bipod stud but wasnt aware that they bedded it in, thought it was just a metal insert.

what did they use to prevent the bedding compound from getting to the removeable section that houses the working bits - did they make a sort of dam?

point to note - my r93 with the cheap and cheerful sollution provided by its previous owner causes no flexing problems whatsoever.
    I'm certainly with you on the point that 100 is a lot for a sling stud and to be honest I was in 2 minds as to whether to send it to Rhones or just do something similar to what you have. On balance, in view of the cash I have in the rifle, I feel that the 100 was well spent as it is a neat job. However, as you also observe, I have played with Blasers with a similar modification to yours and have not found any operational issue with them. I guess what you pay for is peace of mind that the stock is never going to flex nor will the hole for the stud ever enlarge through wear and tear because the stud is actually supported by a lump of metal. I suppose there might also be some benefit in terms of resale but that is pretty much an academic point.

In terms of how they kept the bedding out of the rest of the stock. Well, there doesn't seem to be a dam and I'm guessing that the bedding compound was probably more of a putty type thing rather than a liquid. If that were the case you could just lower the metal rail into place and wipe away the excess bedding with some solvent. Once it had dried it would be a simple matter to drill and tap the stock and rail. I must try to examine the end of the rail more carefully to see how closely the underside of the rail is shaped to the contour of the channel in the stock.

If anyone wants more photos let me know though it is a sort of tricky thing to get decent photos of in view of it being black and tricky to access.

Thanks a lot guys for the great info. Both are options I may consider in
    the future. I have a wooden stock however I dont believe from looking
    at your solutions that it would not be possible to do the same to the wooden stock. I love the handy work bucksden. Looks very neat.
    Thanks again guys and good shooting

Be careful... I had 2 Blasers. A .243 offroad and a .30-06 professional. I had both fitted with a Harris bipod by a reputable gunsmith. I started having problems (as did a number of my stalking friends) with accuracy. Blaser where not interested in helping and stated I had voided the warranty by fitting a swivel!

I got rid of both rifles and bought 2 Sakos as replacements, without doubt the best thing I have ever done. Interestingly 2 of my friends experienced similar problems and also got rid of their rifles for Sakos.

For the record I am not anti Blaser, I think the product is genius. The problem was with the attitude of the after sales.