Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alan Wood Knife

Alan Wood Knife

Very reluctant sale due to house move and subsequent costs.

An Alan Wood "Hereford" knife with swivel style leather sheath.

The knife has never been used as it was commissioned for a knife collection.

Razor sharp (literally) with black/grey linen macarta handles and red liners.

This knife would make an excellent present for someone or you could just treat yourself.

Happy for sensible offers, I understand that Alan's order books are closed or at best running around the 5 year mark (the last i heard).

Feel free to give me a call on - 07584 435590
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0774.jpg   IMG_0775.jpg  

would love a decent hand mand knife mate, but this shape is for bush crafting not deer stalking IMHO

Lovely knife...... Any idea what the steel is? and some dimensions OAL, blade length etc. I know it's a personal thing, but I reckon this is an ideal stalking knife flat ground whereas a scandi grind is more suited to bushcrafting IMO

Quote Originally Posted by 308boy View Post
    would love a decent hand mand knife mate, but this shape is for bush crafting not deer stalking IMHO
    How so?

Tikkat3

I would also like to know a price, because I didn't think this type of sale was allowed on here?

I am not stirring, I am genuinely interested in this...

Quote Originally Posted by jamross65 View Post
    I would also like to know a price, because I didn't think this type of sale was allowed on here?

I am not stirring, I am genuinely interested in this...
    Hi Jam, I think if It's a private sale of something that parastalker owns then it's only the same as somebody selling a scope or something. If he was making them and selling them he'd need trade membership. It's an issue i had a few weeks ago. I was showing off a few i made for mates and folk thought i was trying to sell them, but in fact they weren't for sale. So i don't believe there's a drama mate. Looks like a tidy knife, hopefully it can be rescued from a collectors drawer and be put to use. He's put his number down for people who are interested, so i reckon he'd just prefer people to call and ask about it.
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by digger9523 View Post
    Hi Jam, I think if It's a private sale of something that parastalker owns then it's only the same as somebody selling a scope or something. If he was making them and selling them he'd need trade membership. It's an issue i had a few weeks ago. I was showing off a few i made for mates and folk thought i was trying to sell them, but in fact they weren't for sale. So i don't believe there's a drama mate. Looks like a tidy knife, hopefully it can be rescued from a collectors drawer and be put to use. He's put his number down for people who are interested, so i reckon he'd just prefer people to call and ask about it.
    I maybe have the wrong end of the stick, but I didn't think items were open to the highest offer, like ebay. I thought the classifieds had to show a specific for sale price or nearest offer. The trade side of it doesn't bother me.

It has been mentioned on here before. I am interested in this item although I may have burned my bridges now...

Ah i get where you were coming from now mate! I expect if you give him a call he'll be happy to discuss it
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

Now sold, thanks for the interest folks.

Thanks for the reply to my offer !!!!