Thread: bino care

bino care

might sound a bit daft but ive just ordered some swaro binos and want to look after them as best i can, any tips? i fully expect some sarcasm too so fire away. cheers

I'd recommend a padded and silk lined box, place the binos inside, close the box, wrap it in brown paper, write my address on the outside of it and post it to me. I shall look after them like they are one of my children mate
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

haha im sure you bloody would, i shouldve guessed youd comment. you do know if i "hurt" them ill cry like a little girl

What bins did you go for?

Keep them dry when not in use, use lint free cloths to clean the lenses, use the lens caps, make sure the straps secure to prevent falling. They are pretty much bullet proof and Swarovski after sales service is second to none so just get out and enjoy them. Don't worry about them to much, if you crack a lens for instance they will typically replace them free of charge.

cheers for that its always good to know, i have been told the after sales is second to none but i do hope i never have to find out. ive gone for some 7x42 slcs but i think i may have to hide them from digger haha

Those SLC's are nearly bombproof mate, you'd have to go out of your way to hurt them. I only use the provided Swaro lens cloths and they also have these little wet wipes that are a little once in a while treat. Also, if you get a lens pen, the soft bristled brushes are good for getting grit off the lenses Before you do any wiping which is the main way that scratches are created. When you're cleaning them do it like you're doing it to your own eyes! I see folk that take off the front lens covers and never use them, they then wonder how they scratched the lenses! The coatings on these binos are the reason they're so good, so to keep them working at their best they need to be clean, just like a rifle barrel.
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

ok nick, cheers, do they come with a little "care package" that the scopes come with then? i think that has a cloth and something? would you ever use nilglass on them or anything like that or is it a big no no?

Swarovski do a lens cleaning kit, haven't ever felt the need for one myself. I would personally NEVER use any sort of solvent on my ones, but then I've always been like a she bear protecting her young with mine! You will have the standard issue lens cloth, keep it dry and clean and they last a good while. Rick will supply a few spares if prompted, probably a few of the wet wipes as well, they're like the little wipes you get to do your hands in KFC

brilliant mate, cant thank you enough for the into to him cheers