South Texas Deer Stalking Video

UTGrad

South Texas has some huge whitetail deer. This is a great video and some huge bucks that I could only dream of getting a chance to stalk.

Interesting to watch but world's apart from the British style of hunting. American hunting video's always seem quite frantic, accompanied by an aggressive rock soundtrack. That's not a criticism by the way, just an observation. We take a more reserved approach here.... no "yeah's" or high fives, just a simple compliment of "good shot" and a gentlemanly handshake.

Another observation.... don't you find that resting on the barrel affects accuracy?

Interesting to watch but world's apart from the British style of hunting. American hunting video's always seem quite frantic, accompanied by an aggressive rock soundtrack. That's not a criticism by the way, just an observation. We take a more reserved approach here.... no "yeah's" or high fives, just a simple compliment of "good shot" and a gentlemanly handshake.

Another observation.... don't you find that resting on the barrel affects accuracy?

+1 Si, as you said totally different approach etc, but interesting to watch.

Best of Luck UTGrad, you never know !!

Rgds, Buck.

Those White tails are a pretty beast. I was shooting a competition called AFSAAM in Little Rock AR. a few years back. Was down in the butts marking targets and a big 10 point Buck just moseyed on out of the danger area behind the butts, he was only 40 yards away. The range team went apesh@t when i said about him, apparently he was the local dream buck!

The video does lack a little in tactfulness but shows some nice bucks. I personally see hunting as a rather spiritual experience.

I live and hunt near where these films/deer were shot. If it was on a lease ranch, I would probably cost $3500-$5000 per person. That would allow you one 'trophy,' and one 'cull' deer plus a minimum of two does that you probably have to shoot before you trophy hunt. If hunting on a package hunt, the first deer I believe a mature 7pt, but maybe a 8pt would be considered a 'cull' and probably cost $2000-$2500 and the bigger ones from $3500 to as much as $10K or more. This is plus $200-$300 per day guide and lodging. It's become a rich man's game!
capt david
BTW, the fences are to keep the cows from messing with the feeders.

One more thing. It's a little odd, but the does are sometimes more wary than the under bucks, because they are shot at more often! capt david

They are nice, wonder if they will escape from deer parks and private collections (preferably in a safe way right into the middle of my wood). Who knows!

I don't think that is in my budget. You have some beautiful country down there Capt Dave.

Back