Thread: Taking ammunition on a plane

Taking ammunition on a plane

As title what are the rules of taking ammo on a plane ?? going up to Inverness next week ok with the rules for the rifle not sure about the ammo I intend to buy some when I get there but a bit unsure as to bringing it back.
    Chris

As just about ever airline has it's own rules you had better check wiht them. Some do not allow it at all.

If youre flying with Flybe, then it`s plain sailing! You should advise the airline when you make the booking that you will be travelling with firearms and or ammunition

You can carry up to 5Kg in your hold luggage. It should be stored in a lockable case; I bought a cheap aluminium camera case.

When you check in, inform the check in girl/guy that you are travelling with ammunition and firearms. Check in staff will call a security chap who will collect the items from you and put them through the X Ray machine. Assuming all is correct, you will receive them in Inverness. I fly to Inverness quite frequently; they are used to passengers travelling with firearms.

Good luck.

How you doing 177.
    As Bando has got a .243 he could take your ammo up with him in his car . Don't know anyone up there who uses a 30.06 so this could be a problem for you. Give the airline your travelling with a tinkle to make sure they allow ammo on. You may have to visit "Grants" when you arrive in Inverness, but make sure you've got plenty of money with you, as when I bought some cartridges there the other week I nearly fainted at their prices.
    You could just put them in Jim's baggage and say nothing
    Good luck with the wedding
    Look forward to seeing you week Monday.

ATB Gaz

Hi Gaz
    Some nice beasts there fella well done,have looked on the web site for airline and it states as Conor1 above rightly said "You can carry up to 5Kg in your hold luggage." apy days.look out bambi elmuuurrrrrrrrrss a cumin roll on 14th glad when the wedding is out of the way and a bit of normality is restored.see you soon
    Last edited by 177landy; 06-11-2011 at 14:43.

Cheers for that Gaz that could be a nice little surprise for me!!! - Did you see Grant on Fieldsports Britain this week, obviously you contributed towards his trip then!!!!

Looking forward to Monday - leave some out there for us!!

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    How you doing 177.
    As Bando has got a .243 he could take your ammo up with him in his car . Don't know anyone up there who uses a 30.06 so this could be a problem for you. Give the airline your travelling with a tinkle to make sure they allow ammo on. You may have to visit "Grants" when you arrive in Inverness, but make sure you've got plenty of money with you, as when I bought some cartridges there the other week I nearly fainted at their prices.
    You could just put them in Jim's baggage and say nothing
    Good luck with the wedding
    Look forward to seeing you week Monday.

ATB Gaz
    GRANTS,,,,,,,!!!NA MIN ITS GRAHAMS OF INVERNESS.lolmy factor bought some game cartridges there the other day 10 for 25 express....

Well Davey there must be plenty of money floating around the glens

Quote Originally Posted by BIG white hunter View Post
    GRANTS,,,,,,,!!!NA MIN ITS GRAHAMS OF INVERNESS.lolmy factor bought some game cartridges there the other day 10 for 25 express....
    I stand corrected there Davey It must be my fingers twitching, ready for some of your neighbouring hinds LOL

Jim :- I hope those Sika aren't as quick seeing you as you saw my post to 177.

ATB safe journey Gaz

Quote Originally Posted by BIG white hunter View Post
    Tell him I will sell them to him for 9 a box then That's hellish!