T8

David T

Hi Guys

Looking for a T8 moderator for my Tikka. Believe it is half inch UNF. Can anyone help me ............?

Cheers

David

Tikkas usually have a metric 14x1 thread

is it factory threaded or done by a gunsmith?

Hi Guys

It's a factory threadedTikka 695. My gunsmith has seen it and agreed it was half inch UNF.

Never used a moderator before but my ears are telling me it is time to start ! Know this one is a bit of a mine field/can of worms but.......if not a T8 what would you suggest ?

D

cant say anything about t8, but no complaints about pes 12, use one on my .270 , think they are mainly all stainless construction so should last. hope this is some help. jim from accy.

I have two T8s (6.5x55 and .22-250) which have survived six years. On the other hand, they don't get a vast amount of use, and I dry and WD-40 them after use.

The last mod I bought is a Northstar for my .308. No rear bush, and stainless. Can't be taken apart for cleaning, but as far as I can tell (three years' use) it doesn't need to be. What could be better?:)

i have a tikka t3 ss light with t8 mod they are rust buckets and wont be getting a nother wild cats are supposed to be good but cost a bit more

I think as long as you take care of it a T8's its pretty much the Ford Focus of moderators, nothing special but does the job. Plenty of professional stalkers firing hundreds and hundreds of rounds a year with no complaints. I used to just take mine off the rifle and wing it in the cupboard until I noticed the build up of rust. Now I blow though the thing to clear out any corrosive gases, squirt of WD40 and left on the harth to dry out a little, and always take the neoprene covers of when not in use.

I also have a CNN 4 and a Maxim, the Maxim is new so I'll reserve judgement but the CNN4 is not the easiest to clean after a while and like Marshall on this site I've noticed a lot of eroded metal and corrosion around the threads and ports - Its probably had about 200 rounds through it. I won't hold out on it lasting as long as the T8.

Hi i have two Wildcat p8 moderators both are compact in 223 and 243, they are modular so you can change parts for whatever cal you want. I think they are very good i also have the Whispers in .22 and 17hmr from Wildcat and they are also very well made. Atb Woodydog.

Take it off the gun when not in use and spray with WD40 and it will last a LONG time. Mine are all fine after up to 5 years.
Bad workmen blame their tools!

dont think so , it was sent back to jackson rifles for examination and it had a welding fault as well as a rust problem , replaced it with a ase north star and no problems since !

Two things mate first a factory threaded tikka would be metric 14x1 or varmint 18x1

Secondly Jackson mods are not that good you could do a lot better for the same money

Cheers Paul

Thanks for all the info and suggestions guys, plenty to chew on. The one big advantage of not using one, however, is that I can blame my selective hearing on the big bang rather than the truth !

Back