Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mobile high seat

Mobile high seat

Has anyone seen a high seat that fits on a car and is quick to deploy? Today when sitting up a hjgh seat I was thinking that a ladder on a roof rack could hinge so you could drive to the ground then put it up. I was thinking that some sort of attachment to the tow ball and a a roof bracket might work assuming you could make it strong enough.
    Anything like this exist already?

If you are feeling flush then check out these bad boys.
    http://www.performancetopdrives.com/
    By three methods we may learn wisdom:
    First, by reflection, which is noblest;
    Second, by imitation, which is easiest;
    and third by experience, which is the bitterest

I have used a portable that was trailer mounted. You just used a boat winch to lift the doe box up on stilts and then lock it into position. Very comfortable and effective.

i have the bushwear one, i think its called the panther ,its ok for the money ,it folds down and puts back up in short time ,i have a hilux which it goes in the back with ease,its also very light,only fault is the bar across the front is not that sturdy ,but i can live with it.

I built a number on old Caravan chassis; they have a wind down leg on each corner a tower in the middle. They are good for putting on forest tracks over clear fell.

ATB

Tahr

the four way folding ladder are cheap and are the basis of some of the vastly overpriced (IMO) one you can buy.
    few simple additions to make the seat aspect and secure to the tree.

personally I am sure I can improve on the design and material use on the bushwear one and it would come in significantly lower than 200
    the base ladder can be picked up for 50

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Pete

Why would you not use one of the folding/portable types that you can carry in/out? I have on in the garage if you're after trying one out?

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

My seats are wooden and transportable on a roof rack. i just unscrew the steps and the shooting rail and it folds up for transportation. Would be a two man job though.

Quote Originally Posted by deer man View Post
    I have used a portable that was trailer mounted. You just used a boat winch to lift the doe box up on stilts and then lock it into position. Very comfortable and effective.
    I have also got a panther and several other portables but I thought he was after something that goes with the car?

"I have also got a panther and several other portables but I thought he was after something that goes with the car? "

Haven't left a lion lying around anywhere have you?

David.