Thread: I know its early but... 2011 achievements good or bad!?

I know its early but... 2011 achievements good or bad!?

Reason i ask the question is that i set myself a goal of shooting something worth stuffing this year. Simple enough i thought.. easy! Hmm, maybe not! Ive had a very average year on the roe with very mediocre bucks in the bag. No fallow and had a great time bagging my 1st red stag with 375mag.

So, i suppose i have fulfilled my objective by shooting something worth stuffing, my first red. Its only a 10 pointer but signifies a pretty good week of stalking. Socially and from a shooting/stalking PoV.

I had hoped to get a decent roe buck and also get onto a munty. no such luck... I would love to shoot a munty buck but my time has not come yet and/or my pocket isn't deep enough! So, aims for 2012.... stalk a new species. thats it. not fussed about a trophy or anything, just to get onto preferably a sika or munty.

My high point of 2011

So... what had been your memorable point of 2011?!

Nice one mate, are you getting him stuffed?

This is my highlight of the year, he's going to be mounted soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00611.jpg  
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

yes matey, gonna have him stuffed.. not done it yet but hopefully in the next few months. Looks like a cracking roe!

Well had my first payed for stalk this year and really enjoyed the experience meeting new people learning new things something I will be doing more of. As for 2012- FAC DSC-1 ( unless can squeeze it in this year) and hopefully a lease of my own. Futures looking good

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfisherman View Post
    yes matey, gonna have him stuffed.. not done it yet but hopefully in the next few months. Looks like a cracking roe!
    Nice one, who's doing your mount? I've got Bill Bartlett on the case. Sending the skull of my buck off to Richard Prior this week to have him measured, quietly confident of a bronze.
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

My highlight this year was my first stag a nice 10 pointer and i managed my first grouse.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 002.JPG