Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Bear with me".

"Bear with me".

My dog "Bear" was having a poo behind a hedge last week and a 55kg albino Alsation T boned him after coming through the hedge with the owner being pulled by the dog on an extendable lead... i told the owner who is about the same weight as the dog to pull it off and he couldn't. He then let the dog off the lead when it came back and nipped at my dogs ribs four times. I got between the dogs and to be honest i lost the plot a bit and shouted at the owner to get it back on the lead. I got mine on the lead and made a gap between the Alsation and us but the owner was wanting to make more of it and was encouraging the dog to go for me. Last week the police were at my door saying he had made a complaint to them about me and the accusation was dismissed when i made my statement as he has made this type of claim a few times in order to get moved from the area he stayed in (racial abuse).
    The thing is this dog has attacked three others dogs recently and my dog once before and he assaulted a dog owner just a month ago after the chaps dog was bitten and i am going to take it further and i want this dog put down before it kills another dog or bites a human. The Police indicated that i should get evidence of its past behavior but where do i go from here guys?
    Last edited by RED-DOT; 07-11-2011 at 13:16.

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    The Police indicated that i should get evidence of its past behavior but where do i go from here guys?
    How about their own previous reports? Did they have any evidence of the dog's behaviour from the others he has complained about?

Last week the police were at my door saying he had made a complaint to them about me buit this was dismissed when i made my statement as he has made this type of claim a few times in order to get moved from the area he stayed in (racist abuse).

You buy something like this:
    Micro DVR

clip it to your coat and go take the dog for a walk
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    How about their own previous reports? Did they have any evidence of the dog's behaviour from the others he has complained about?
    BACKGROUND.... This chap has never worked since he came to Scotland and has been moved twice after claiming he was being "racially abused". He now lives in a street with mostly OAP's and he breeds tumbler pigeons that he sells to make money and he is living on benefits and has a Mobility car to run around in but he walks this monster dog daily in a public football/play area. Folks around here are not really into reporting his dogs behaviour but prefer just to walk their dogs elsewhere, He is very confrontational and i have no doubt he would not fit in anywhere he goes. He has been known to bang a scaffold pole off an object just to miff the neighbours. He is a very fiery individual and he uses this dog as a Macho status symbol... He told me he had "Rottweilers available" to attack me and my dogs and his dog is totally wild and he can't control it on the retractable lead. It attacked my dog from the other side of the road and it dragged his wife over the road to get to mine and she no longer walks it. His dog has never had other dogs company and it only other interaction is to bite them.

start by trying to get an order for the owner to put a muzzle on the dog. no need to put the dog down for goodness sakes. might also be worth getting the rspca involved and report the behaviour, as there may be some element of abuse going on, otherwise it wouldn't act like that.

That's what the pointy tip on a walking stick is for
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Hi, theres a white German Sheperd in the village where i stay which has bitten at least two people, one being the local postie, bitten several dogs, one was so bad the vet said it was touch and go wether it would survive.
    Two years ago it bit my dog, a nip on its flank but only cos i kicked it with my size 10s, i reported it to the police,made a statement and was told it would be referd to the fiscal, i heard Nothing!
    Im wondering if the owner is in the Masons or something !

put laxative chocolate in his garden.

Fair comment won't happen again.
    Last edited by 177landy; 07-11-2011 at 15:07.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    You buy something like this:
    Micro DVR

clip it to your coat and go take the dog for a walk
    RED-DOT

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

If you decide to go the route that Limulus suggests let me know - I have two of these and can post you one if it will help?

Otherwise you'll likely need to get statements from others who have also suffered at the hands of this guy and his dog. Speaking with the RSPCA might well be a good idea.

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!