Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: trail/stealth cam

trail/stealth cam

I need one and have been looking on the net and come up with these two. For a project for thee months maybe, perhaps I will find other uses for it when finished?
    For photographing animals to find out what is there and so what is causing the damage.
    You get what you pay for...

Scoutguard 550 for 112.
    eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Or an unbranded one; 5MP on the bay of E. For less than 100.
    eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Thanks for any comments

i was recently in america and visited bass pro shops (outdoor world) they had a huge selection of camera's. Hunting Electronics | Bass Pro Shops

It is quite a big deal across the pond to film everything you can and then they invented YouTube so as to show the world how cleaver they are lol

Paul

Be warned....

(and, just because ots wonderful... the remix: )
    Last edited by Labrat; 08-11-2011 at 08:25.

The Scoutguard 550V is an excellent camera ,nice and compact with clear pictures both in video and photo and long battery life.Highly recommended
    However the one on ebay I would be cautious
    1. It is located in Bulgaria,what if you have a problem
    2. The price is too cheap at 112 when in this country they are 199
    3. even if you purchase direct from USA add 40% for customs,VAT,CURRENCY CHARGES and delivery by Parcelforce

I use trail cams a lot with my students. this one is an excellent anti poaching tool as it uses IR. Otherwise the flash gives the camera away and it gets battered to bits. Also very good for filming animals without disturbing them.

http://www.spycameracctv.com/spycame...ng-cctv-camera

If it's stills your after I'm not sure what model I use, its currently out helping me and some students figure out the movements of a problem fox. I'll check when I get into work tomorrow.

I have a Acorn trail cam on my salt lick.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagare View Post
    I have a Acorn trail cam on my salt lick.
    Jagare

Can you tell me a bit more about this Acorn camera? I friend I had out stalking on Sunday told me about this one. He has seen them on ebay for buy now price of about 140 I think. 12mp and viewing screen seems fantastic value for money. Any drawbacks?

Hej Jamross65, i have the Acorn Ltl-5210MC. It seems to take good pictures. Although its 12mp i have it set on 5mp. So far i can't see any draw backs with it. I will be setting up on my boar feeder when i get the feeder finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagare View Post
    Hej Jamross65, i have the Acorn Ltl-5210MC. It seems to take good pictures. Although its 12mp i have it set on 5mp. So far i can't see any draw backs with it. I will be setting up on my boar feeder when i get the feeder finished.
    Thank you for that.

If you could be bothered, I would be interested in seeing some other pictures taken by the camera. Don't worry if not possible.

For the money I may give one a go regardless.