Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hardy fly rod butt section.

Hardy fly rod butt section.

I know that it's a long shot but does any one have a Hardy Fibralite Perfection butt section for sale, the required section is the #6 weight 8.5'. I have broken mine and it is a superb rod but there must be someone out there somewhere that has a broken tip section!

Hardy will probably replace it F.O.C.

+1 red-dot
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

I bought a brand new 15' 6" De-luxe Salmon rod from a chap who had broke 3 ultralight seatrout rods and Hardy gave him the salmon rod to keep him sweet.

Can give you a number of a lad I have bought some bits a peices from.He is a mad collector and may help if Hardy don't come up trumphs.PM if you need the number.
    It must have been some fish to break a Fibra Tube rod.I have given up on carbon fibre and have gone back to older rods,give you more power.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    Hmmm...maybe they're a tad selective about this. Best to give them a call first.

I broke the butt section of my 8'6" fly rod and they replaced it - but at a cost (if I remember rightly) of around 60 to cover Post & Packing. The second time it happened they offered me a discount on a new rod. It put me off Hardy, which is a shame for them as I have a fetish for fine fly rods.

By contrast Scott - even though based in Telluride, CO - could not have been more different. I just had to drop my salmon rod off at the local dealer here in the UK and they took care of everything else, absolutely free of charge. Orvis were the same, exemplary service.

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    +1

Friends that have had to deal with their customer services rank them up there with Swarovski.

I sent them an email yesterday but have had no reply as yet, it would be very very good of them to replace it FOC but I won't hold my breath.

How broken is is, and where abouts on the section ?
    Most breaks in the butt section can be repaired with little loss in the action.

Neil.

Neil, it's about two inches from the top of the butt section, clean break, can't for the life of me remember how I did it though.