Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help pls - Sauer 202 or Mauser M03

Help pls - Sauer 202 or Mauser M03

So I have decided to trade in the Tikka T3 for a nicer rifle.

I am going to go for a Wooden Stock this time as the plastic just does not tick any boxes.

I would love to hear from you lot that have used this rifles about your experiences.

I honestly wouldn't waste your money, neither will shoot any better than your Tikka, and once you have bought in to the brands you mentioned, you will find yourself taking a large loss on the resale value should you decided to sell on. I would look for a decent used Sako 75 if you want to upgrade to something slightly nicer.

What calibre are you after ??
    I have a sauer wolverine in 6.5*55 almost brand new (20 bullets),complete with mounts ,mod and bipod
    or a sauer euro classic in 243 complete with mounts and a mod

Why are you selling them?

Sauer 202. Great rifle, superb finnish and a silky smooth bolt. All the others seam agricultural in comparison. Just go and handle one and you'll see what I mean.
    By the way I traded mine in for a Blaser, but only because my shooting meant that the 202 was going to get knocked about, and plastic was what I needed.

Treat yourself it's nearly Christmas.

Paul

I handled one today and I did like it, the safety is a bit strange but i guess I will get used to that.

I like the idea of the de-cocking on the Mauser though.

I like the idea of being able to pick also any Calibre in the future for the Mauser but with the Sauer that is more limited.

But then I love the look of the Sauer and various other parts of it.

You could also concider a wooden Blaser. But to be honest, they are all interchangable and weather it takes five minutes or twenty minutes to change calibres is niether here nor there, you have to concider how you feel about the rifle when you're actually out stalking with it. But as I said, Sauer 202 in wood, would be my choice.

Best of luck

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by eggy s View Post
    I handled one today and I did like it, the safety is a bit strange but i guess I will get used to that.

I like the idea of the de-cocking on the Mauser though.

I like the idea of being able to pick also any Calibre in the future for the Mauser but with the Sauer that is more limited.

But then I love the look of the Sauer and various other parts of it.
    I've looked at the M03 a few times but the noise the decocking/safety made was horrendous, every deer for a good distance would hear it!
    A friend had one that he sold for the same reason, sent it back and was told nothing could be done so sold it!
    If you are going to get one check how loud that is first.
    Sauer 202's are excellent imo, only gripe would be the safety takes a little getting used to.

I only have experience of Sauers, I had a 200 and now have a 202 elegance, beautiful wood and as mentioned you won't beat the bolt for smoothness. For a couple of hundred extra and a bit of searching I picked up a synthetic stock for really crappy weather and high seat stuff, although to be fair the wood almost always stays on, and i just look after it......can't fault them, just a shame the importers are Garlands, not the best for customer care!

Well i can cock and uncock my M03 without a sound. People of class and breeding shoot a Mauser M03 . They are not for riff raff.