Thread: Ballistic Jelly

Ballistic Jelly

What is ballistic jelly made from and who supplies it?

I made some a few weeks ago and I used geleyine from the shop at a 10% geletine to water mix but a 20% mix would be better. Ideally use the 20% mix and make the block longer.

The geletine was 10% of the water weight so I had 200g of geletine to 2kg of water.

Firstly I used warm tap water all 2kg and added the 200g of geletine and stired to desolve (most of it)

It then went in to the fridge for 2 hours (its now like jelly)

filled the sink with hot tap water and placed the bowl in the water to melt the solution this took about 30 mins. (the solution is clearer now but still that brown in colour.)

place it in to the mould (mine was a 2kg marg tub)

Put it in the fridge for minimum of 12 hours.

I did read to have it smell better and last longer use a drop of oil of wintertree.

The block you have can be melted down in the sink and reset in the mould for use again

Take it easy

Daz

Don't know if it helps but I hear a lot of people say a parcel of well soaked newspapers will act the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Daz2381 View Post
    I made some a few weeks ago and I used geleyine from the shop at a 10% geletine to water mix but a 20% mix would be better. Ideally use the 20% mix and make the block longer.

The geletine was 10% of the water weight so I had 200g of geletine to 2kg of water.

Firstly I used warm tap water all 2kg and added the 200g of geletine and stired to desolve (most of it)

It then went in to the fridge for 2 hours (its now like jelly)

filled the sink with hot tap water and placed the bowl in the water to melt the solution this took about 30 mins. (the solution is clearer now but still that brown in colour.)

place it in to the mould (mine was a 2kg marg tub)

Put it in the fridge for minimum of 12 hours.

I did read to have it smell better and last longer use a drop of oil of wintertree.

The block you have can be melted down in the sink and reset in the mould for use again

Take it easy

Daz
    Thanks, I'll give that a try