Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Variation - One for one or 26?

Variation - One for one or 26?

My FAC currently has four rifles on it (.243, .243, 7x57 and .22) and under firearms possessed a "Full Bore Moderator Jetz." Specifically this mod fits the 243.

I want to change one of the calibres (swap 7x57 for 308) and buy a second Jetz moderator.

My question is will this count as a "one-for-one" variation or a 26 one?

For those who say keep the 7x57 - it is not mine, just borrowed and I need to return it. Also the 243 and current Jetz will be kept at a different address (I am lucky to have stalking in two parts of the country) hence the request for both.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Both... swapping 7x57 for 308 is a one for one (free) but adding another mod will cost 26
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

I see you are from the South West, which force area? If it's D&C then in my experience they tend to be quite sensible about things like this.

IMO you apply as per a freebie one-for-one as you are not increasing your overall number of 'firearms'. If they come back at you saying that a mod is classified as a firearm then it's time to start debating whether it is or not! At the end of the day you may end up having to stump up but I certainly wouldn't offer it up front.
    Last edited by Orion; 09-11-2011 at 16:03.

I recently discussed this with Hampshire FLO. Their opinion was the additional mod is classified as a firearm and attracted the 26 charge

Tim,

Given your previous experience with Hants do you accept what they say without reservation?

I still say it's worthwhile having a punt and putting it in as a freebie.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Tim,

Given your previous experience with Hants do you accept what they say without reservation?

I still say it's worthwhile having a punt and putting it in as a freebie.
    I think different forces put differing interpretations on what they can charge for, unfortunately Hants do not appear to be as user friendly as some other forces but I agree with you that it is worth asking.

As far as I am aware any device to diminish noise or flash is classed as a firearm and increasing the number of items on your permit will therefore incur a charge.

HWH.

Orion

It's defined as such in S.57 Firearms Act 1968. You can't acquire one unless you have an authority to do so on your fac.

Frank

Thanks Frank.

But as I say, some forces are more liberal in the application of a one-for-one, so if I were the OP I'd just stick it in for the new rifle calibre/cartridge 'and sound moderator' as a freebie and see if they knock it back before paying up front.

Nothing to lose and maybe 26 to gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Thanks Frank.

But as I say, some forces are more liberal in the application of a one-for-one, so if I were the OP I'd just stick it in for the new rifle calibre/cartridge 'and sound moderator' as a freebie and see if they knock it back before paying up front.

Nothing to lose and maybe 26 to gain.
    I would just pay the 26 pound. As your adding to your ticket they will want payment.
    If your force area has a quick turn around no problem. But here if i sent in they would send it back!

Asking me for 26 pound payment! !! As our firearms dept are slow that would just take me longer to get my ticket
    If your area are the same and you want ticket back asap. Just pay the dosh atb jay