Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mentoring Template

Mentoring Template

Hi guys, I've just spoken to my FEO they are quite happy to grant CF on my application but will need to include a letter from my mentor. Does anybody have a template. Thanks in advance

Cheers,

Phil

You'd better ask your FEO what the information is that he wants. AFAIK there's no definition of what a 'mentor' is or what they are meant to be approving or satisfying.
    Last edited by Orion; 09-11-2011 at 18:06.

A letter off someone saying he has agreed to be your mentor?

I think your FEO is out on a limb here but if he won't budge, keep it simple....

I __________ FAC no____________ have agreed to act as a mentor for______________ until such time as I feel he has gained sufficient knowledge and experience in the use of a centrefire rifle with regard to public safety.

Signed___________ date__________
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

My CF mentor has to hold an open certificate and have a caliber equal to or greater than the one he is mentoring me for.

What a load of cobblers! There are official reference forms included with firearms form 101. If the firearms enquiry officer wants you to supply references in a different format then ask him to provide the 'template'.

JC

Quote Originally Posted by JC275 View Post
    What a load of cobblers! There are official reference forms included with firearms form 101. If the firearms enquiry officer wants you to supply references in a different format then ask him to provide the 'template'.

JC
    Jc this is for a mentor and not a referee. But I agree with putting the oweness on the FEO

Quote Originally Posted by Phil2174 View Post
    Jc this is for a mentor and not a referee. But I agree with putting the oweness on the FEO
    You are either a `suitable` person for CF or you are not. It is for the Chf Constable via the FEO to make that call via their own research and the paperwork that is standard for any application, and they should be providing the documents / templates if they require them to be completed. Sounds like another case of a FLD making up their own `interpretations` or a FEO on a power trip !!!

Whoever you ask to be a mentor needs to be careful, as the FLD may then put a condition on your FAC that means you have to / can only go out with that named person whenever you have your CF.... and that is a lot to ask of anybody !!!

Good luck.

The shooting organisations are glaringly absent on this issue, come on B.A.S.C. pull your bloody fingers out!!!, (Maybe write them another letter!!!)
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by Sausage Warrior View Post
    My CF mentor has to hold an open certificate and have a caliber equal to or greater than the one he is mentoring me for.
    I sounded out the FEO with regard CF, when I did my shotgun renewal.
    He pretty much said exactly that, and it would take probably 3 deer and a letter from the mentor to say I was "safe" and have this restriction lifted.

I completed the dsc level 1 course, and was granted CF rifle with out the requirement for being mentored. In addition when I received my FAC back the conditions were changed to an open certificate.