Thread: bonded / copper bullets more dangerous????

bonded / copper bullets more dangerous????

carrying on from another thread about barnes bullets carrying on a long way after going through the deer.
    do you guys find copper / bonded bullets going a long way beyond the deer as they keep more weight. not a problem on the hill but some of my land is between 30 and 60 acres so you can see my concern

regards pj

Quote Originally Posted by pj1 View Post
    carrying on from another thread about barnes bullets carrying on a long way after going through the deer.
    do you guys find copper / bonded bullets going a long way beyond the deer as they keep more weight. not a problem on the hill but some of my land is between 30 and 60 acres so you can see my concern

regards pj
    no problem they also make bullets in lead
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Backstop.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Because of the small acreage on some pockets of the land on which I shoot, and that some of it is very flat, I was advised by my FEO to use (read that as told to use) highseats. Which I do!

I was given some copper X bullets to try, all of the eight I used on deer opened up well as they left a large exit wound, which resulted in one fallow (heart/lung shot) that ran 60 yards leaving a massive blood trail. All the others dropped on the spot. I was impressed. But no more so than my pet SST load.

Simon
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

i take it you like sst 's then. can i ask what calibre and what weight