Thread: BBC news this AM Deer destroying woods and birdlife!!

BBC news this AM Deer destroying woods and birdlife!!

IS the deer initive desperate to be in the news again

Ive just watched it. I thought it came across fairly well balanced, even showing the stalker shooting his rifle!!!

Cheers
    Ben

Saw it and apart from the usual its wrong to cull anything view by one person, it seemed pretty well balanced
    as to whether the deer are affecting the bird population I don't know but it is possible.

Only saw a small area of the forest but if that is indicative of the whole area, considering the browse line and the fact that this is only early November, it would suggest the deer population is too high.

I was rather unimpressed, it sounded like they( especially British trust for ornithology) wanted deer control\ culling taken out of the hands of the individual and put into the hands of larger organisations. i may be wrong and it is trying to get the British public to accept it

The DI seem to be making a lot of noise in the media lately.... Almost as if they are pushing for legislation where they could access anybody`s land and shoot everything going - if THEY feel the deer are not being managed.... No Best Practise hypocrisy there then.

Sounds a bit like jobs for the boys to me !!!

Look at it another way,lads, BIRDS,BIRDS, BIRDS, The poor wee mights are losing their habitat and food to deer so they are 90% down in number. blame the deer take the pressure off the raptors. Nothing to do with buzzards, hawks and magpies co they got feathers. Roadsides and public ground are teaming with magpies around here. So much so they are attacking sheep. Just walked the dogs, two poles two buzzards sitting on top. Never moved as I walked under them. Sparrowhawks are a common sight here as well. Blame the deer. Blame the farmers for ploughing to the fenceline, blame anything but the birds.

Quote Originally Posted by wabbiter View Post
    I was rather unimpressed, it sounded like they( especially British trust for ornithology) wanted deer control\ culling taken out of the hands of the individual and put into the hands of larger organisations. i may be wrong and it is trying to get the British public to accept it
    same here my first thoughts, they want it all and then make people like you and me pay

Sounds like the Deer are in cahoots the all them darn cats!!!!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Remember kids Birds eat deer as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo123p View Post
    Look at it another way,lads, BIRDS,BIRDS, BIRDS, The poor wee mights are losing their habitat and food to deer so they are 90% down in number. blame the deer take the pressure off the raptors. Nothing to do with buzzards, hawks and magpies co they got feathers. Roadsides and public ground are teaming with magpies around here. So much so they are attacking sheep. Just walked the dogs, two poles two buzzards sitting on top. Never moved as I walked under them. Sparrowhawks are a common sight here as well. Blame the deer. Blame the farmers for ploughing to the fenceline, blame anything but the birds.
    Think you just summed up RSPB policy!!