new calibre??????

John

Are you sure about that?? Last week when I was in Johannesburg the locals there were sure it was 42-06. Maybe that's the new Big Game calibre ;) Still, what's 10 between friends!!

willie_gunn

.32-06 wouldn't happen to be 8mm-06 would it? If so it is around that has been around for a long time and has probably just been rediscovered.

Hi there
Just to put a gentlemanly spanner in the works....
If you want a decent grain weight round (140gr standard) then how about the european 7x57 or as we older gents call it, the .275 Rigby.
If it was good enough for Bell and his elephant shooting!
How about sombody rediscovering this one....?
All the best

Hi there
Just to put a gentlemanly spanner in the works....
If you want a decent grain weight round (140gr standard) then how about the european 7x57 or as we older gents call it, the .275 Rigby.
If it was good enough for Bell and his elephant shooting!
How about sombody rediscovering this one....?
All the best

Have i seen this post before ( on another thread )

I heard the English got a new calibre now, a 32-06 or something like that? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmmm how can it be new? ...................................... after all the 06 bit is for 1906 as previously it was the 03 for 1903 ;) the 06 being a modernised version of the 03 cartridge..

are you sure you have not been reading one of those XXX web sites and they are talking about length and width of their member:D

paul

Back