Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recomend me a case trimmer

Recomend me a case trimmer

Hi,

Looking for a case trimmer as you might have gussed from the title!

So many about, whats good and any to stay clear of?

Also is it best to get one like the Forster trimmer that will turn neck as well?

What calibers? And do you need to turn necks? What kind of rifle?~Muir

i use the lee case length gauge and trimmer and that trims the case to factory length of your chosen calibre , i use it with my cordless drill and i can whip through 100 cases in to time at all , and its cheap as chips !

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by trucraft View Post
    Also is it best to get one like the Forster trimmer that will turn neck as well?
    I would say no; in my opinion you would be better with a dedicated neck turning tool such as the K&M or the one made by 21st Century Shooting. Its also something that you might not necessarily need to do anyway.

As for trimmers, this looks interesting but its calibre specific... http://www.accurateshooter.com/gear-reviews/worlds-finest-trimmer-power-case-trimmer/

No I don't have one of those... Its hard to beat the Sinclair/Wilson, which can also be powered by a cordless screwdriver if you want. I really like mine ...

Quote Originally Posted by leec6.5 View Post
    i use the lee case length gauge and trimmer and that trims the case to factory length of your chosen calibre , i use it with my cordless drill and i can whip through 100 cases in to time at all , and its cheap as chips !
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    What calibers? And do you <EM>need</EM> to turn necks? What kind of rifle?~Muir
    <BR><BR>

Only .243 for now. T3 Tikka with Sako and fed brass for hunting.
    I keep reading that consistent neck thickness is the the way.

Quote Originally Posted by trucraft View Post
    <BR><BR>

Only .243 for now. T3 Tikka with Sako and fed brass for hunting.
    I keep reading that consistent neck thickness is the the way.
    In a standard factory rifle I doubt if you'll notice the difference provided you use quality brass. Don't buy into the hype. Get the Lee .243 trimmer (simple, quick, cheap) and spend your hard earned cash on things that matter.... like more powder and bullets!~Muir

I'm with Muir on this . but i'll go further and say half the stuff you read on reloading tools is there just to sell you the tools.

YOU DON'T NEED A LOT OF THEM

For normal hand loading I use the Lee Trimmer and stud, for the last couple of years have also
    used it with a cordless drill but before that by fingers, that's for modern easy to get cases. If I have to form cases like for the 6.5x53R then I break out the Lyman universal trimmer. I brought it used off the club secretaries widow after his untimely death. In fact it was in my place already a I had borrowed it from him. Have the Lee studs in:-

22/250, 6.5x55, 308, 303 British, 270 Win, 300 Win mag

Very useful they are too.

I like the Lee set-up so well that I make custom studs for calibers like 9.3x57 and 8x57J and 8.15x46R~Muir