Thread: steiner binoculars

steiner binoculars

hello all, wondering if anyone has any views on steiner ranger bins. after a new pair, unfortunatly cant run to swarovskis or zeiss. read afew negative comments, but wondered if anybody who uses them has any feedback. any views would be gratefully recieved before i part with any cash. thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by jim from accy View Post
    hello all, wondering if anyone has any views on steiner ranger bins. after a new pair, unfortunatly cant run to swarovskis or zeiss. read afew negative comments, but wondered if anybody who uses them has any feedback. any views would be gratefully recieved before i part with any cash. thanks all.
    I have a pair of 8 x 42 ranger pro, I am highly delighted with them. How they compare to the swarovski el's I don't know as like you I had a budget to work to. I wouldn't hesitate to buy this make again

i have some in the shop, 8x56 ranger pros and i think they are excellent have used them in low light.

ps i believe there is a cashback offer on them at the moment!

i have the 8x42 skyhawk pro i think they are called ...had em for 4 or 5 yrs now

pretty bomb proof and a lot closer to swarovskis etc than the price tag would have you believe

300 ish i think they are

would recommend em for stalking

sauer /paul

I wanted to buy a new set of 8x42 for Africa, as my Zeiss 8x56 Rangefinders are a bit bulky for that. I had all intentions of spending 600-1000 on a new set of Swarovski Habichts or a used set of EL or similar. When the guy in the shop recommended i lookm at the 8x42 Ranger Pro i almost laughed at the idea of using such a lowly optical device with my eyes, but after 40 mins of twoing and froing between the more expensive binos and the Steiners, i left with a set of Ranger Pro 8x42s i honestly couldnt see the extra money in the up to 800 Swaros and Leicas, obviously top end Zeiss and Swaro etc are better, but for 350 i was seriously happy. In fact i actually much prefer the lens cap design to any of my high end bins. the only thing that was fiddly is you have to butcher the strap that comes with them to fit a bino harness, as the have their own bespoke QR fittings instead of loops.

I have a pair of 8x42 Steiner's and cant fault them. I use them all the time, been dropped, been drenched many a time but they still work as when the day i bought them.

A pal of mine uses these and they are good quality and very clear.

http://www.redfield.com/binoculars/

I have a set of these, great all-rounder, its the older version of the range thats out now but i would say far superior, don't let the mag fool you unless you need a set for the open hill, once you set the focus no need to adjust, also the coating on the lenses make deer & foxes stick out like 3D.
    http://www.midwayuk.com/apps/eproduc...eitemid=557358

shop around on the net for better prices.

many thanks for replying, think you have all helped make my mind up. kind regards, jim.