Thread: Reloading Software ?

Reloading Software ?

Hi every body,

Got a quick question, ive only been reloading for the last few mths, had some good results, told myself not to get to deep but now i feel thats almost gone by the way side. So my question is all those more experienced then myself use a software programme to "Aid" there load development. Im undecided between quickload and the less costly lee shooter any views on either programme or are is there a better alternative ou there ..

J

Sorry mate have no idea - never used any of them. I just developed my load by trial. Now got my 308 cloverleafing at 100yrds and inch at 200. And if i wanted i could get it a little tighter by increasing/decreasing the load by the grain. The most important thing I found was the OAL (overall length) of the cartridge and adapting it specifically for your gun And making sure you use the same cartridges. it's no good using different makes to develop your load as they all have differnet characteristics. sorry if I'm teaching you suck eggs

Scrun

Quote Originally Posted by luder View Post
    Hi every body,

Got a quick question, ive only been reloading for the last few mths, had some good results, told myself not to get to deep but now i feel thats almost gone by the way side. So my question is all those more experienced then myself use a software programme to "Aid" there load development. Im undecided between quickload and the less costly lee shooter any views on either programme or are is there a better alternative ou there ..

J
    I use quickload extensively and highly rate it. It can model both internal and external ballistics modelling the actual components you are using. I chronoed the rounds and found them within 50 fps of the model. I estimate the muzzle energy around 10% conservative on the model. It has certainly saved extensive laddering and reduced the loads needed to work up. Suppose one point to emphasise is that there is no substitute for range work though