Thread: EL rangefinding binoculars.

EL rangefinding binoculars.

hello all,

I need to ask all the new owners of the swarovski range binoculars could you be and hold nothing back what have you found to be the good and bad points of these and also what is the 10x ones like in woodland and what are the 8x like on the hill.

if you would let me know

chris
    Last edited by chrisc; 14-11-2011 at 21:15.

can't answer the plus or minus of the swarovski's........ but zeiss are doing an in-store deal starts 1st December on there range finder bino's.
    Trade in a used pair of bino's and get 250.00 off the zeiss rangefinder bino's

Hi Chris,

I took delivery of my swaro 10 x mag range finding bino's a couple of weeks ago. I had a couple of days just getting used to them and setting them up for my eyes etc then I was straight off to Scotland to do a cull. They performed brilliantly on the hill. The optics were as clear and bright as you would expect from swarovski. I used the range finder to dial in a couple of shots but didnt get the chance to test the angle adjusting feature. I am going again in a few weeks hopefully and will be taking my .338 lap mag so a few longer range shots on differing angle may be on the cards then. I shall keep you posted.

I have also used them on my ground here in sussex, mostly arable and woodland and they have been great. I did a side by side test with a friend of mine and his Lieca's (10 x mag range finding) at dusk the other evening and we both agreed that the swaro's just had the edge, but to be fair mine were brand spanking and his have seen a bit of action. Before these I had a pair of 10 x mag Ziess range finding bino's, again I coudn't really say there is a massive difference in the swaro's but they do seem to focus better at last light, that was my only gripe about the Ziess and the reason I changed back to swarovski.

Hope this is of some help, if you have any more questions just PM me.

Cheers.

try to find a pair today and could not been told january at the soonist.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
    try to find a pair today and could not been told january at the soonist.
    Typical....not made enough