Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tkka T3 vs Sako 85

Tkka T3 vs Sako 85

Tkka T3 vs Sako 85
    Hi I am ,looking for advice. The sako 85 is almost twice expensive compare to Tikka T3. The difference in quality between those rifles is that big? There is another think last month I have notice that sako 85 price drooped from £1800 to £1400. There is something wrong with this rifle?
    Cheers,
    Dawid

My advice would be go look for a lightly used Sako 75, but if you want new I'd have a 85 over a T3 anyday of the week!

What do you want from a rifle? If it's simply a robust, accurate rifle then why pay for extra... the T3 is a great wee rifle. Mine (in .243) produces clover leaf after clover leaf at 100m and has not given me any bother since I got it - I really get on with it (some people don't). Yes, the Sako is nicer, and of better quality, but £700 nicer? It should be down to fit, feel and your own personal choice IMHO.

BTW: I don't believe "there's anything wrong with this rifle"

Just my tuppence...

Stig

I have a T3 Varmint in synthetic stainless. I could not shoot better with any other make of rifle and would buy the same rifle again even if I had the money for a sako

Quote Originally Posted by Roch View Post
    Tkka T3 vs Sako 85
    Hi I am ,looking for advice. The sako 85 is almost twice expensive compare to Tikka T3. The difference in quality between those rifles is that big? There is another think last month I have notice that sako 85 price drooped from £1800 to £1400. There is something wrong with this rifle?
    Cheers,
    Dawid
    hi nothing wrong with the sako at all why the price drop ? something you would have to ask the shop but for me chopper is spot on the 75 is a great bit of kit if you can find one thats ok i have had both sako and tikka and i found the sako to be better quality and a lot more easy to shoot if i were you id find some one who will let you shoot both and as stig said it will be down to your personal comfort with the rifle

but its sako all the way for me all the best with your search

I have a Sako 75 and a Tikka T3 - both are capable of 3 shot groups that you can cover with a 5p coin. If anything, the T3 slightly edges it.

Agree with Paul, I'd have a hard job gettting past the T3 for the money. To get any measurable improvement in accuracy I'd need to step up to a custom rifle, but the law of diminishing returns kicks in big time and you pay a whole lot more for a very small incremental improvement - which in the real world of field positions rather than bench rest is insignificant in any case.

times are hard for everybody these days, so the T3 isd a great, accurate, economic choice. I have the T3 personally. i do like the Sako 's but i put the money saving to wards another rifle but still didnt tell the wife !

either rifle will serve you well

Used them both, the T3 is accurate but feels cheap and nasty. The 85 is lovely to handle and also is very accurate. Both have had issues, T3 blot retaining pin has been known to break - not huge issue but a pain. The action on the 85 I had had problems, it got replaced under warranty. The replacement rifle went the same way after 3months,it got repaired and failed again after a couple of weeks. Been told this problem has been fully rectified. Your best bet is to go to a shop and get hands on both the rifles you like and play with them
    Al

There are prices from sportsmanguncentre.co.uk
    £1 150 TIKKA T3 (Laminate / Staineless)
    £1377 SAKO 85 Varmint (Laminated / Stainless)

Thatís the point I can buy cheaper tikka and spend extra on good scope but for £200 more you can get Sako, is it worth?

It's a bit harsh to say a t3 is cheap and nasty but I understand what you mean. The sako has a better and more crafted finish but as a working machine the tikka in SS for example is a far more practical machine that you won't cry about when you scratch it. They both shoot the same on paper.

SGC will rip you off on rifles