Truck RTC update.....

re'M'ington

I went up to clear the truck out(under strict supervision as it is still being retained)and took a few pics while I was there,and I must admit that I wasn't aware of the amount of damage that was done to it.After all I had only been able to look across at it while I was laid in the road,anyway here it is...........

DSC_00060001.jpg

DSC_00050001-1.jpg

DSC_00040001-2.jpg

DSC_00030001-2.jpg

DSC_00020001-1.jpg

I must say that it brought it all back to me looking at it sat there on three wheels,and I still get nightmares of the impact every night,and on the way to the storage unit we had to go past where it happened and that did give me a shiver I can tell you.I am however bodily getting better daily,although I do have a bit of whiplash in the right side of my neck and the right shoulder is still very painful,but I am getting there.

ATVB Martin

If you have not already done so get to see a Physio/occupational therapist about that neck/shoulder.. Having suffered whiplash twice and discovering it never really goes away starting to work with it as early as possible can help they tell me. Of course this was at a point too late to help me but...................... I still need to to do physio excercises 14 years after the initial accident. Of course the second accident 6 years ago didn't help any. Thank you white van men :mad: both accidents in my case were white van men in 35 Cwt vans, 1st in the back ( sorry didn't see you braking :rolleyes:) 2nd didn't stop at a give way line and came straight out onto the A2 :eek: Damn I got an urgent package to Birmingham :eek: .... good reason not to stop and cause an accident I suppose................... If the cold gets on my neck it tightens right up and causes an awful headache as if someone has clamped something on the back of my skull and tightened it up. So keep it warm as well ;).

Take care and heal soon.

Thanks BH I have made an appointment for physio this morning at the GP surgery,but they can't get me in until 25th....lol(not)

M

Thanks BH I have made an appointment for physio this morning at the GP surgery,but they can't get me in until 25th....lol(not)

M

We might moan about our local Hospital, The Pilgrim, but we can get appointments with the physio department quite easily. Good luck with it all and let's hope you heal quickly. Some seem to need less than others and some heal quicker. The body is a complicated thing. Will keep you in our thoughts.

M
Don't waste your time waiting for the NHS, in my experience they can be worse than useless. When it comes to muscle injuries I was told by their expert in spinal triage that "the NHS cannot diagnose and treat muscle injuries". Go to a private physio. It only costs around £ 30 and you can expect to be seen promptly by a skilled practitioner.

Don't waste your time waiting for the NHS, in my experience they can be worse than useless. When it comes to muscle injuries I was told by their expert in spinal triage that "the NHS cannot diagnose and treat muscle injuries". Go to a private physio. It only costs around £ 30 and you can expect to be seen promptly by a skilled practitioner.

I agree with above entirely. Having been to lots of Lectures on whiplash the sooner treatment is started the better - and if you dont get it sorted the symptoms can be come debilitating. And dont forget to keep a note of symptoms and costs on a day by day basis. The costs, including private treatment, where it is reasonable and there is no reason why physio in this case should be unreasonable, is recoverable form the other party - tho his insurers settle the claim. if you need any informal advice feel freee to pm - i did this for a living once :eek:)

All the best mate - oh and a positive attitude will win over everytime and another thing, dont avoid the area it happened at. if you can confront it it should help overcome the "shivers"

Scrun

Thanks everyone,I am speaking to a solicitor tomorrow through my old Union that I got my insurance through,and I shall broach the subject of private physio work as I do know a very good one that I have used in the past,I shall keep you updated as I know anything.

Martin

Back