Thread: Where would I get info on qualifications for hunting deer in Uk?

Where would I get info on qualifications for hunting deer in Uk?

I would be really interested to know all the ins and outs of obtaining Level 1 and 2,
    Is there any source of information that i could tap into so I could get an idea of the step by step procedure? [ a webpage somewhere listing all the do's and don'ts etc]?????
    Purely edcucational but I would be grateful of any knowledge gleaned....cheers

Try this link www.dmq.org.uk

john

Quote Originally Posted by Freerange View Post
    I would be really interested to know all the ins and outs of obtaining Level 1 and 2,
    Is there any source of information that i could tap into so I could get an idea of the step by step procedure? [ a webpage somewhere listing all the do's and don'ts etc]?????
    Purely edcucational but I would be grateful of any knowledge gleaned....cheers
    A good starting point is here on the SD. If there is something that you are not sure about there are plenty of people able and willing to help with some really useful advice

Freerange,

Worth bearing in mind that you don't actually need any qualifications for hunting deer in the UK.

Obtaining any kind of certification is voluntary although some bodies that lease stalking may insist that some or all on the lease have them.

What about stalkers from overseas? Is anyone barring them since they don't have DSC1/2?

You don't need any qualifications to stalk in the UK. But the DSC1 is starting to become the normal.

So coming from overseas is fine. If you are coming with your rifle you need a temporary import licence and I would highly advise insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy s View Post
    You don't need any qualifications to stalk in the UK. But the DSC1 is starting to become the normal. <br>
    <br>
    So coming from overseas is fine. If you are coming with your rifle you need a temporary import licence and I would highly advise insurance.
    <br>
    <br>
    Do not know what you mean by a "temporary import license".

The only thing needed is a Visitors Firearms Permit. You can obtain this by asking your sponsor who must be resident in the UK, to complete a form. He will need a copy of your European Firearms pass to send to the police. Costs 12

Double check that your continental insurance is valid in the UK, if not join SACS.
    Last edited by barongcw; 16-11-2011 at 16:58.

Not mentioned yet one of the best if not the best is BEST PRACTICE GIUDANCE type that into the computer or send 25 plus p&p for a hard copy to BDS.org and it will give you all you need and more.
    IF you ever come to the UK you will find plenty of people on here who will take you out. Good Hunting.

Thanks to all that replied- you have already enlightened me some.