Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laser Genetic nd3 nd5

Laser Genetic nd3 nd5

Hi all,

Has anyone ever use this lasergenetic product? Is it any good?

Do you know where can I get it in the UK?

Cheers

Scott Country do them : http://www.scottcountry.co.uk/products-Laser-Genetics-ND3x50-Laser-Designator-Night-Vision-4289.htm

T
    hey seem to be quite popular, and there are other people making homebrew versions with adjustable mounts and a green laser illuminator from Odicforce : http://odicforce.com/shop/article_OFL23/Green-Laser-Illuminator-30mW.html?shop_param=cid%3D4%26aid%3DOFL23%26

Y
    MMV

The jury is out on these. We had 2 at the NV meeting last Saturday. One was the Laser Genetic and the other was a cheepo copy. I didn't see the side by side comparison but was later told by somebody that the cheepo copy was better. I have gone and bought a cheepo copy cos it was cheap and it should arrive in a month so I can do a review then.

I think, and this is personal opinion only, that the claim that rabbits don't see it is rubbish. They don't associate danger with it but after a couple of times they will. I think it has the potential to be a good replacement for a light, being small and lightweight. But again ask me after I have tried mine.
    I also heard that one of the units suffered from poor preformance in the cold weather, possibly the ND3 and that this was overcome by the ND5.
    It depends what you want to get out of the unit. Lightweight and long distance? or hoping the rabbits won't see the beam.
    TSS
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

I tried one and thought it was a pile of poo ! Buy a cree torch and rifle mount off the bay of fleas. Save yourself a few quid. ATb Steve

thanks for all the comments and reply and sources. i think im gonna try the odicforce that was suggested by baconbuttie. its cheap enough so i guess it would hurt to try. hehe...

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Bordersman View Post
    I tried one and thought it was a pile of poo ! Buy a cree torch and rifle mount off the bay of fleas. Save yourself a few quid. ATb Steve
    I was trying to be polite but, yeah sentiments are the same. What is the odiforce?
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Quote Originally Posted by The Singing Stalker View Post
    The jury is out on these. We had 2 at the NV meeting last Saturday. One was the Laser Genetic and the other was a cheepo copy. I didn't see the side by side comparison but was later told by somebody that the cheepo copy was better. I have gone and bought a cheepo copy cos it was cheap and it should arrive in a month so I can do a review then.

TSS
    Have you got a name/link to the cheap copy?

Cheers,
    Oly

The cheap copy will probably be the ND-30 that is commonly available on the bay of e. Search for "ND-30" which should also bring up an adjustable mount suitable for a 25mm body torch or designator.

Personally I would get the Odicforce illuminator, it's a shame they don't have a suitable mount.

Does anyone know exactly how these things work? If I understood correctly, these are regular point laser with that extra lens that distribute the laser point to different angles which then result in more of a flash-light/torch effect.

If this is the case...I wander if they only sell the extra lens so we can plug that into a regular laser sight.