Thread: A bit of envy

A bit of envy

Just imagine it, you are sat at your machine at work, barely able to keep your eyes open as there is a lack of work to do. You imagine yourself somewhere else, it dosen`t matter where, just some bloody where else other than the steelworks where i reside for 12 hours 3 and 4 days or nights a week. .
    Well, i was in such a state today trying to keep warm on my machine when a call came through on my mobile which was in my pocket, it made me jump actually . On answering the call it was our good friend Malcom whom was away down Dorset with Robin doing a bit of Sika stalking.
    "Ayup wadas, hows things"?,
    "what, apart from being here"? i said
    He went on to say he and Robin had accounted for 3 sika hinds at that point and were out waiting for more and was going to his other spot in Sussex at the back end of the week.
    After a bit of a chat i bid him and Robin more luck (as if they would need it) and also farewell and then put the phone down.
    After coming off the i felt even worse than before,
    So, thanks Malcom and Robin

wadas

Wadas,
    I feel for you mate !! I get that sort of thing when im offshore all the time. Its torture

Ads

Poor Wadas!!!

I have not shot anything in about 2 months and then last week a mate turns up on Sunday with a pricket and asks if he can hang it in the chiller. He then returns on the Wednesday with another 2 to hang up. I was not impressed and think I should ban him from using my chiller when I am not shooting anything! I think that is fair, don't you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy L
    Poor Wadas!!!

I have not shot anything in about 2 months and then last week a mate turns up on Sunday with a pricket and asks if he can hang it in the chiller. He then returns on the Wednesday with another 2 to hang up. I was not impressed and think I should ban him from using my chiller when I am not shooting anything! I think that is fair, don't you!!
    I do mate, get him told, and told good

wadas

That nasty man Malc making poor Wadas feel all left out you would never do that would you

I mean you wouldn't ring some poor sod at work telling him all about the deer we just shot while in Malcs truck with several mates howling with laughter in the back on the way to JayB's ... nah didn't think so either

Funny that I also got a text from uncle fester as well (aka steyr 243) also bloody windging about work I would like to say that both Robin nad I thought about it for .........................................10 seconds and then got on with shooting more deer

Infact we came home a bit earlier than anticipated, but still with a good result 3 species over 8 outings. Not too bad

a bit of envy

I seem to remember a certain bloke who went to Scotland and shot a nice beast, while I and the rest of the site were working our nuts off.
    Mind you we got our own back last week . Malc and I only phoned you to share our good fortune, we wouldn't want to wind you up honest

well done to both of you,hey malc you have done well to get a text off fester,i phoned him 9 days ago and he said i will phone you back mate just eating a meal.never heard a thing!!!! he must be rutting again

I just don't know what all the fuss is about, after all if you have to work you have to work it is as simple as that.

After all you never hear me complaining about it

John