Deer Vehicle Collision - short but frightening

Mulac

832262028.gif

Whats the chances of driving through the woods with a video camera mounted in the front of your car and having that happen to you!!

Dave

Fake !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I don't think it is. If you watch the car with the camera just before the impact, there is a slight pull to the right, as though the driver momentarily thought about swerving...

I think it is real, it is likely from America or continental Europe (Driving on the Right-hand-side of the road).

Some insurance companies install a dash-mounted video camera into cars. If there is an accident the driver presses a button and it saves the the video footage from a period of time before the button was pressed. People who have these cameras installed get insurance cheaper (Good Idea?).

I have seen a Sika hind hit by an artic lorry and it was thrown about 20-30 yards into a field beside the road, could easily of been thrown into the other lane.

I do not know where the video originated from as it was sent to me after it had passed thru many hands. I agree there is every chance it is legit as many cars in USA carry dashboard cameras as part of an insurance deal. However one of the main reasons I posted it was it brought home to me that we as deer stalkers are in the higher risk bracket for this type of accident to happen given the time and places we go about doing our business.

Mulac

Whats the chances of driving through the woods with a video camera mounted in the front of your car and having that happen to you!!

Dave

Looks like a Whitetail doe in the US and A, could be a cop car with the camera. Do enough driving around on patrol and law of averages you'll see something like it eventually.

Looks like a Whitetail doe in the US and A, could be a cop car with the camera. Do enough driving around on patrol and law of averages you'll see something like it eventually.

It looked like a young moose calf to me! It was the colouring of the legs etc that made me think this.

Classic BBC reporting, or a terrible education at the Royal Veterinary College: "She did not need emergency care, she was very, very lucky, I don't know how she managed to survive... One horn was bleeding as a result of a graze and she had superficial cuts and bruises, that's all."... so this F wit even noticed the deer had "horns" yet it was still female...

If vets can't get it right then what hope have we ever got?

Back