Soldier jailed for five years for selling comrades' medals

needs a good regimental bath Mick then stood in the middle of the regimental square and stripped of his rank humility and anything he has or is due to have from his time in the forces,

5 years nail him to a plank of wood in the middle of taliban country and let them get on with it.

we had a tealeaf found out in catterick Mick and all i can say is backside and 8" of broom handle sorted him right out.

bob.

I feel sorry for him, he must have been desperate to do a thing like this.

The article says he was caught stealing twice before. No need to feel sorry. He did it the third time because he knew previously he had essentially got away with it!!!

I wish the punishment would fit the crime in civvy land as well for the thieves among us...

][Chop his hands off /
Sorry you feel like that, I have no idea what he's been through, no idea what his history whilst in the army was.

Presume his pals in the barracks went through exactly the same as he did,NO EXCUSE for pinching other people's stuff........especially medals
Scum.Simple.No excuse pinching from workmates or friends

Wish it were as simple as that, the things these lads sea overseas affects them in different ways, I had a friend who's son went to Iraq as a young officer, he came back a different man...............unfortunately he never went back.
He never stole anything, he just took his own life.

Sorry about your friends son
However still no excuse for what that man did!
War changes people however people in WW1+WW2 had to get on with it after it was all done,as does every other soldier who goes and comes back
Back then there wasn't the support there is now,I don't think
Still horrible no matter what support there is or not
As for the lowlife,have no sympathy with him whether he has depression or not
You just don't steal things

I feel sorry for him, he must have been desperate to do a thing like this.

Maybe the Army wasn't for him then - seems he's been pretty 'desperate' for a long time:

"Hill, 38, who has twice been court martialled for stealing from comrades, was found guilty of eight counts of theft or burglary and 12 counts of fraud."

How does that work then? were they waiting for the 'three strikes and out' ruling to kick in?

Mike hes no buddy,hes a fraud, a thief, real buddys /friends dont steal.shame on him and more importantly shame on the army, for not nipping it in the bud,seems to me, hes got off very lightly well for the time being,no doubt when he comes out he will be dealt with by others............
Hill, 38, who has twice been court martialled for stealing from comrades, was found guilty of eight counts of theft or burglary and 12 counts of fraud.

hes a rat

Last edited:
Wish it were as simple as that, the things these lads sea overseas affects them in different ways, I had a friend who's son went to Iraq as a young officer, he came back a different man...............unfortunately he never went back.
He never stole anything, he just took his own life.

Very sad indeed...

Look at the first post though. He was on a snipers course in 93', he is now 38. He was a 20 year old back then and already stealing it would appear, without the trauma and experience (I would assume) of real conflict to turn him.

No excuses here, this individual stole comrades well earnt medals, full stop! And then made a financial gain from others time, effort, absence from loved ones, loss of friends, I could go on but I won’t as I may get bitter and twisted.

I had my medals stolen, (not by this individual) it’s not nice let me tell you.The funny thing is the individual who stole my medals was one of our Mess orderly’s,he recently requested to be my friend on facebook, you have to laugh!

Back then in 93 i thought he was my buddy he was my no2 sniper wasnt till i left the army some yrs later did i find out it was he who stole from me while on the sniper course..and back then he hadnt done any operational tours so nothing to do with trauma stress ect..as since then i believe he had a good life from what i gather from my mates who are still in...and NO nothing do with deer stalking SORRY.

Back