Thread: Scope covers...

Scope covers...

I recently got a ("previously owned") Leupold scope, and it is fitted with a set of aluminium lens covers (marketed as Alumina I think) and they are superb. Does anyone know if they are availabe for other makes of scope, Swaro for example (not by Leupold obviously)?

Andrew

If you find out let me know also! They sounds good!

Jeez I would have thought one of the Leupold fans would have come along and told you .................................. but obviously not .

The Alumina covers are Leupold accessories so obviously aimed at their scopes so will only fit other makes if they are of the same outside diameter:-

http://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/products.asp?cat=245

You might try asking these as they sell all sorts of scope mounts etc and they might know ........................ or might not but hey it's just an e-mail or phone call.

Thanks BH, I'll ask them.

The only fault I can find with the Alumina covers is maybe the price (around 80 a pair...)!

Andrew

80 seems a bit much! Let us know how you get on. Have to say though, the guys in the optics warehouse are great and always offer great advice. T.

If you check you also get some lens filters as well it seems. Seemed a bit of a weird idea to me but that's what I found on the dealers (US One) website. Good Luck.

It's about time Zeiss made bespoke covers for their scopes. Just bought a new Victory 6-24x56 and had to put crap Butler creeks on a 1800 scope.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow Man View Post
    It's about time Zeiss made bespoke covers for their scopes. Just bought a new Victory 6-24x56 and had to put crap Butler creeks on a 1800 scope.
    You have a valid point there. Have you considered contacting Zeiss with your concerns and idea?

For info it will be the internal diameter and the thread pitch type. A Leupold 50 mm sunshade fits a Meopta 50mm if that is any help.

D

You have a valid point there. Have you considered contacting Zeiss with your concerns and idea?
    No I haven't Brit but now you mention it I think it would be worth a try. If anybody out there has any contact details for Zeiss please let me know.
    I'm sure I am not on my own with this there must be thousands of Zeiss owners that would love some quality covers for their scopes instead of spoiling the look of a beautiful piece of engineering with some cheap after market pieces of plastic that break at the first knock.

Tony