Thread: Other organisations

Other organisations

Basc has taken the lead with its contributions to this site and David Ilsley has been more than helpful, why are there not any of the other organisations contributing to this site.
    We hear so many of the members of this site defending their particular organisation, but there is never a reply from any of the officials.
    WHY?

regards
    griff

Perhaps they need to be invited to come on and put their views across. I dare say, some will not even know that the site exists.

Possibly because some may not want to engage with members?

All are welcome to our table, they know where we are, and no one is stopping them from joining and posting.

Admin welcome all stalkers/country lovers and shooters to the site, as long as its is constructive critisism and polite all are welcome.

Re: Other organisations

Quote Originally Posted by griff
    Basc has taken the lead with its contributions to this site and David Ilsley has been more than helpful, why are there not any of the other organisations contributing to this site.
    We hear so many of the members of this site defending their particular organisation, but there is never a reply from any of the officials.
    WHY?

regards
    griff
    Neil

This is a deer stalking forum after all.What other organisations would you like to see?
    I have never know the BDS or the DCS to enter into any form of open mike discussion. The NGO and SGA have their own web sites to post on. The CA and CLA don't as far as I am aware have a stalking and stalkers only element to their membership profile unlike BASC.

IIRC Both the St Huberts Club and the DI have posted in the past. Only to be met with a less than a warm welcome from a number of posters. The DI has bigger fish to fry,and a forum with less than 150 active members is not something they are going to loose a get deal of sleep over. The SHC is a voluntary organisation, who's officers are there to serve the clubs membership. Not to enter into discussion or debate on its behalf unless certain misconception need addressing.

Tee2 as I said before everyone is welcome. Now we have considerably more than 150 members, and many people do not post. I have personally met quite a few people who are still active but prefer to post only now and again.

I seem to remember we had a similar comment sometime back about this particular subject

Malc

No slight intended.

I agree on the books the membership is considerably higher. I did say active members. By which I naturally meant those posting and therefore contributing on a regular basis, rather than just lurking. (I believe thats the correct terminology)

I know some sites have regular culls of non posting members and members who have not posted in a given period. What number would you estimate to be the true figure of posters actively involved in the site over the last 6 months?

What numbers can be attributed as a true representation of active membership figures is always a difficult subject. Counting hits or even unique visits does not give a true representation.

IIRC and if my maths stands the test. BASC reckons there are 87K FAC holders in the UK, there are 15-18K FAC holders participating in stalking, with a similar or slightly greater number of non FAC holders interested in stalking. Combining those figures even with a membership of 1000 active and non active its still less than 3% of the total potential membership.

Sorry if I've drifted off the topic by raising this.