Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: parker hale

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

parker hale

I have just been asked if im interested in a parker hale 308 black synthetic stock simmons 6/18x40 bipod and t8 mod,price for this lot is just 450.

not sure on the PH i have a RFD mate who says keep well clear,

is there anything in this or is it just him being a bit funny.

bob.
    Last edited by bobjs; 18-11-2011 at 17:11.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Well he doesn`t sound very funny !

Parker Hale are superb rifles, mostly based on the Mauser action. Good reliable guns,, I have a safari deluxe in 243 and it`s a superb shooting tool.

The only black synthetic stocked P-H I can think of was the M85 sniper rifle which weighs over 12lbs scoped.

Unless it's a badly looked after M85 or your damned lucky and it's a good M85 it's a messed with rifle so the question is how well did they do it?

Did they sort the bedding properly?

Is it the P-H bi-pod? or isit just a Harris or even copy of one?

This needs careful looking at in into before you jump.

Parker Hales are excellent rifles. The barrel last well - I believe they were hammer forged. The stock could be an aftermarket fit. PH rifles are usually cheap but the evidence from Scotarms auction last week is that their prices are on the rise.
    I'd offer only 350 to 400 though.

I have two.
    neither cost over 100. (one was essentially free once I had sold off the scope!)
    dont offer 450 unless mint, they are not selling for that price if well worn or not in original condition.

that aside they are excellent, shoot well and IMO inifinitely better than many "plastic fantastic" modern guns at 10x the price

Blog Entries
    Thank you Lads.

the rifle looks to have been played with ,with respect to the stock, the action looks ok but then again its a photo and i have not seen it in real life. the bipod is a harris one, but forget this rifle, i m just happy that you all like thuink that the PH is a nice rifle. and as long as its been looked after then it should be ok,

of on the hunt for a 308 again

thanks
    lads

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

there are some bargains on guntrader etc
    especially the PH's!

5 under 400 quiid

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/GunsForSa...10&perPage=230

really pleased with mine its a 1100 lightweight. shoots well is comfy and feels like it will last 3 life times. mine was 425 but in near mint condition

Bob, you've seen my PH in .243. Great bit of kit and shoots beautifully.

Does the RFD's name begin with a D by any chance?

450 does sound a little over the odds, though the T8 is 100 worth, and a harris bipod will be around 50 worth, so that makes the rifle 300, which is reasonable. No idea what the Simmons scope would be worth second hand, so that might make it even cheaper.

Is the rifle nearby?

Edited because I can't add up.

Blog Entries
    Hi Matt

still have the moderator bit sitting in the rifle tool box when your ready.

the RFD is the posh one down town , the rifle i have since found out has been screw cut with no reproof so its not going to be for me,

all im after is a 308 that will be ok to shoot from time to time no need for a big scope etc its just to have a change now and again from the 243, there are a few on the trader but a lot have no photos and i like to see what im having.

bob.