$ 95 to post a cleaning rod from the US

Could be wrong but try Brian Fox of Fox arms sure he has these rods in stock
link he is in Stockport so not too far from you certainly not to the tune of $95
postage
Ps ring him he has more than his web site says

Last edited:
Yes Norman Clark definately does them, i have just bought one last week in 44" and he gets it to you very quickly.

Bill (jonevo) i told you when i was home where to buy them reloading solutions its where i buy most of mine and i bought x2 new 17 rods when home 26 pounds each...give them a call..dont trawl ebay and esp USA.

Not sure if they are still doing them but i bought a Hoppes one for about £12 from Game and Country about 6 months ago, it would be great if the thread in the end had been put in straight. :doh:

Well i inquired about buying a Swaro doubler,you know the size of 1/2 a banana.

Euro Optics US quoted me $60 USD`s in freight, I choked and stated that Cabelas charge me $20 USD`s for a FIVE POUND WEIGHT PAIR OF BOOTS FFS... his answer was "thats what the US postal service charges" yeah like pull the other one sport!

The costs dont end with $95 if it is sent through the mail, Customs add together the cost of the item AND the postage and charge you VAT on the total, This in turn is paid for by the Royal Mail who then add on their own handling charge. VAT is charged on items over £15 and import duty on items over £135. Worse still if its a present you end up paying for your own birthday/christmas present. If you want the item quickly you have to spend your own time and fuel picking it up from the parcels centre most of which dont have facilities to pay by card. Dont do what I did and pay over the internet as when I went to pick up the parcel which was on a weekend they have no way of determining whether you have paid on the internet and I had to pay cash AGAIN! then reclaim the internet cost. Took 3 weeks and Royal Mail couldn't understand why I was complaining.

BEWARE OF BUYING FROM USA ITS NOT AS CHEAP AS IT APPEARS !!!!!!!

(rage vented)

Back