Thread: Help with gralloching DVD

Help with gralloching DVD

Hallo all. I have ordered a gralloching DVD online but it now looks like the dvd will not be here before I set off for Scotland on Friday. I had a look on youtube but there seem to be so many videos, and I feel I am not able to tell the difference between a good and a bad technique. As I do not want to start by learning the wrong way, I was wondering if someone could point me to the right direction. The DVD I ordered is the BDS one, I know it is supposed to be the best, this is why I went for this. But now I need a solution untill it arrives. The problem is I am going stalking on my own (the first stalk I will be doing on my own) and if I am lucky enough to get a deer, I need to have a decent idea how to gralloch. Many thanks!

You really know how to jump in the deep end with this one!, have you prepared any other game for the table?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

(The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    You really know how to jump in the deep end with this one!, have you prepared any other game for the table?
    Thanks, I know. I have been shown how to do it a couple of times, but it was a few months ago. I have prepared several hares and ducks, geese and the odd pigeon for the table. I just need to refresh my memory and assure myself...

So can you help?

the only way to learn is get stuck in, that how i did it .

read up, but you cant beat hands on.

all you have to remember is seal top end and seal bottom end and take through the middle.

The BDS one is v good just dont start Fing about with cable ties though!!

Dave

Thanks guys. I appreciate the help. All the best!