Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best brass

best brass

hi all, whats the best brass for reloading?
    BARONY TRAINED NINJA

I have shot most of my stuff over many years with Norma, Remington/Peters or Winchester/Western.
    I had some new Lapua brass once and had to batch it because of differing weights.

HWH.

Quote Originally Posted by stag1933 View Post
    I have shot most of my stuff over many years with Norma, Remington/Peters or Winchester/Western.
    I had some new Lapua brass once and had to batch it because of differing weights.

HWH.
    Was that a while ago HWH,surprising as lapua brass I find as the most consistent and longest lasting,been reloading 10 years now as opposed to your lifetime of experience though,perhaps a bad batch?

https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

I find Lapua pretty good but have heard less than complimentary reviews of late. Last batch I bought was Remmy Hornet brass to make 17AH cases. Seemed OK, less than half the price of the RWS product. For a pest cont rifle they work fine.

Unless we are target shooting I cant see the point of getting to pernickety about brass. I do a bit of target work and use Lapua in my 20BR for it. I originally batched them but after a few cycles I bung them all in together.

a

A
    Last edited by Alycidon; 19-11-2011 at 19:39.

I'd say lapua or Nosler custom
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    Was that a while ago HWH,surprising as lapua brass I find as the most consistent and longest lasting,been reloading 10 years now as opposed to your lifetime of experience though,perhaps a bad batch?
    Possibly a bad batch.
    I shot the group below in August with that batched brass prior to our Border Stalkers Autumn bash when I had joint highest score of 119 ex 120 points.
    Personally I have found Norma brass to be best/longest lasting as I believe it has a higher copper content making it more ductile.
    HWH.

I agree with Alycidon, for field work do we really need expensive luxury brass?
    Quality brass is not available for my 257 Roberts so i use common R&P, after prep accuracy is excellent and i dont think that expensive brass would make it any more accurate or consistant

Ian.

I use what ever i can get, using Federal at the moment. When its done i'll be on to RWS.
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by pierred View Post
    I'd say lapua or Nosler custom
    +1 i use both
    Your a long time dead, enjoy every day like it's your last!!!