Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cost of factory ammo

cost of factory ammo

for the first time in over 5 years ive had to buy some factory ammo at a cost of 98 for 40,ok its for a 338 winmag and im reloading the cases but after picking myself of the floor just b4 the wife walked in they were paid for.
    is it me or are they really getting expencive????
    I`m afraid when i die the wife will sell my gear for the price i told her

its all getting expensive mate, shells ,bullets ,fuel dont know anything that isnt these days
    not alot of point having the ability to buy 100,s of bullets on ones ticket i would need to speak to my bank manager 1st
    may have to start reloading ....been saving my brass and a mate will give me lessons

It's not just you, for 40 rnds of 7mm rem mag I had to pay 78 and I won't dare mention how much .375 ammo set me back. I'm just glad I've sorted out my reloads now.

Snag

And guess what they have not stopped the increases yet the idiots in Westminster are about ot put fuel duty up again.. Are they really that thick that they cannot work out if fuel goes up EVERYTHING GOES UP!

Just one more reason why I was exploring the old paper patched concept of course it would confuse Plod no end as it would vastly reduce the need to purchase spoft points ........................... Ho hum .

i had a very good friend stalking with me this weekend and he has just bought his son a 25-06 , and when he showed the price of factory ammo he had bought i nearly fell over !

45 for a box 20 federal 100gn balistic tips !!!!

no wonder he has just cleared my local RFD out of a load of re-loading stuff !

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Just one more reason why I was exploring the old paper patched concept
    Please elaborate

It's a bullet casting method.... originally for muskets and muzzle loaders

you wrap a rizla around the bullet
    Last edited by Si; 20-11-2011 at 11:50.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by Psyxologos View Post
    Please elaborate
    It's a technique of "jacketing" a lead bullet, but instead of a drawn, copper tube being used to form the jacket, the bullet has a couple of wraps of tough, thin paper around it. Done right you can drive a lead bullet at velocities very close to a propper metal jacketed bullet.
    It is most commonly used in black powder cartridges such as 577-450 Martini Henry, 45-70 and 45-90. The Swiss also used papaer patched bullets in their initial loading of the 7.5mm cartridge, so it is a useable technique for bullets in our modern, "small" calibres.
    Last edited by Harry mac; 20-11-2011 at 11:53.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

"It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

the mark up of some of the rifle ammo the gunshops make is unreal