Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wellies

wellies

Any recomendations please, I find the muck boot type a bit numb, and i am a heavy footed bugger anyway. I like to wear boots, however the place I stalk is very muddy due to work.
    Ta

Quote Originally Posted by marrajack View Post
    Any recomendations please, I find the muck boot type a bit numb, and i am a heavy footed bugger anyway. I like to wear boots, however the place I stalk is very muddy due to work.
    Ta
    I prefer the basic green hunters for the really muddy stuff

ive always bought le chameau but ones i'm currently using have split at the seems up the back around the heels,i will try another make shortly,they havent worn very well this time

I would rather stay at home than risk my ankles with Hunter wellies.. cold, unsupportive, slippy soles. LC all the way for me.

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    ive always bought le chameau but ones i'm currently using have split at the seems up the back around the heels,i will try another make shortly,they havent worn very well this time
    I had a problem with the soles splitting on a pair of le chameau leather lined wellies, their customer services were particularly unhelpful and I wouldn't touch this brand again

Cheers all, will have a look at those, I had hunters years ago. Too light for the terrier work but may be just the job

had a pair of chameau but split and it took 3 weeks to replace. Now gone for a pair of LaCrosse Alpha burley with side zip. Very comfortable, like waking on air - says Allied Jones and come in brown !!

and come in brown !!

I thought this was about wellies? I had a pair of LC Vatnas and they were rubbing my heel away and they replaced them with a brand new pair of Chasseurs (for sale in classifieds on here).

RED-DOT - just re read

The COLOUR of my wellingtons are brown... 'Phew record straight now'

Classic hunters arnt fit to shovel the smelly stuff in

But I usually wear the leather wellies but you can't take them off and forget about them

Paul